2016 GOP Candidates for President

Pong Messiah

Guest El Chalupacabra

RUBIO'S NEXT TO ANNOUNCE GUYZ!

I wonder if he can give one speech or interview without showing his disrespect of all things Obama. you know, like his own ideas that have nothing to do with "wehaveanadministrationthat" every ten seconds?

Dude, whomever the GOP chooses will be running against Obama just as much as whomever the Dems choose. At the end of 8 years, every president is the Devil, as far as the other party is concerned.

RUBIO'S NEXT TO ANNOUNCE GUYZ!

I wonder if he can give one speech or interview without showing his disrespect of all things Obama. you know, like his own ideas that have nothing to do with "wehaveanadministrationthat" every ten seconds?

Dude, whomever the GOP chooses will be running against Obama just as much as whomever the Dems choose. At the end of 8 years, every president is the Devil, as far as the other party is concerned.

i know they're running against the president on his way out (in part), but Rubio--almost as much as Cruz--is obsessed with Obama hate to the point of not talking about anything else. I doubt Bush will waste as much time on that, as he will spend time making his Republican competitors look like one-note scrubs.

Rubio. Cruz. Ick and icker. The only nice things I can think of to say about Rubio are that he doesn't seem to be driven entirely by ideology (he may have a pragmatic streak driven by greed and personal ambition, too!), and that unlike most of the other GOP offerings, he does not appear to be functionally retarded. But that's it.

The general election is still more than a year and a half away, and I already loathe every potential candidate from both major parties.

Of course, this always happens. No surprise there... I just don't remember it ever happening so soon.

:no:

Guest El Chalupacabra

Rubio. Cruz. Ick and icker. The only nice things I can think of to say about Rubio are that he doesn't seem to be driven entirely by ideology (he may have a pragmatic streak driven by greed and personal ambition, too!), and that unlike most of the other GOP offerings, he does not appear to be functionally retarded. But that's it.

The general election is still more than a year and a half away, and I already loathe every potential candidate from both major parties.

Of course, this always happens. No surprise there... I just don't remember it ever happening so soon.

:no:

Maybe we need to have a pool on which GOP candidate accuses the others of not being "conservative enough," first?

Liberal hyperninny Gail Collins's column on the "evolving" Rand Paul the other day came off as both vacuous and vicious.

When I read something like that, I have to wonder if the author is sharpening their knives for somebody else down the road, genuinely concerned he might win, or just bored.

Or could it be all three?

:eek:

• 1 month later...

Liberal hyperninny Gail Collins's column on the "evolving" Rand Paul the other day came off as both vacuous and vicious.

When I read something like that, I have to wonder if the author is sharpening their knives for somebody else down the road, genuinely concerned he might win, or just bored.

Or could it be all three?

:eek:

It is interesting how this affects current politics as the whimpy fight over the Patriot Act goes on.

i don't see myself voting for him, and IMO most of the things I "like" about Rand Paul come off like intelligence-insulting gimmicks (not saying he has no sincere beliefs, that's just how he comes off to me)... but I think he'd definitely be an entertaining president!

I figure it'll shake it out in the primaries. I'll pay closer attention then. I'm 50/50 on Democrat/Republican, unless Clinton runs, I refuse to vote for her. I'd like it to be someone sane who doesn't screw everything up. That doesn't feel like too much to ask for.

Guest El Chalupacabra

This maybe the year I vote third party. I too cannot vote for Clinton.

There's always the rent is too damn high party.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I do not have taste where political parties are concerned. If we could elect Nixon again I'd do it!

Well, sadly you could do worse. What a disgustingly weak field of choices, with a lot of recycles from 2012 this is shaping up to be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_candidates,_2016

Good news if you are a democrat and love Hillary Clinton. As for me, I want at least the appearance of a viable alternative. Guess who's probably voting for the libertarian geek, once again?

My current grand conspiracy theory is that there's a massive plot in the GOP where Rubio, Christie, Bush, Cruz, etc. have been instructed to just keep saying the stupidest, most awkward things ever in order to make Carly Fiorina look like a shining beacon of sanity and reason by comparison as she is the only one who can "effectively attack" Hillary Clinton.

Rand Paul, of course, refused to go along with this plot, but that doesn't matter, because most of what he says is naturally quite awkward.

+1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.