Who Are These Men and Where Do They Come From?

Pong Messiah

I enjoy Bye Felipe because it reinforces my view of humanity and makes me feel better about myself.

Given some of the horror stories I've been told by female friends who engage in online dating, I'm going to assume that at least most of the posts there are real. Most of them follow two basic formats:

• Guy tries to get girl's attention
  • Girl ignores (or in rare cases, honestly misses) guy's message
  • Guy -- even if he seemed super nice a moment ago -- REFUSES TO BE IGNORED and turns into raging, vulgar psychopath

--OR--

• Guy is having a normal, friendly conversation with girl
  • Guy begins diverting conversation toward his peen and/or how he wants to go down on girl
  • Girl backs away slowly (or quickly)
  • Guy (if not already blocked) says something along the lines of "Thanks, you just did me a favor, you fat, ugly bitch!"

Now, before somebody says "These guys may be jerkfaces, but it's also really ****ty for women to just completely ignore somebody's message," let me say this: in theory, if somebody isn't a creep, the nice thing for the women to do would be to write them back with a gentle "Thanks. Flattered, but not interested."

But in practice, that kinda falls on its face, since:

• Somebody who seemed totally nice and non-creepy just moments ago might turn into the "raging, vulgar psychopath" if their ego senses rejection. It can and does happen.
  • Women receive about 1,000,000% more requests (I'm not sure, but that seems about right) for attention, chatting, and dating than men do. If you are remotely attractive and well-spoken and have vagibewbs, "not being ****ty" means you'd probably spend a good 6 hours a day with those "Thanks. Flattered, but not interested" replies. It's just not realistic.

Oh, and we're not even on the face-to-face meetups yet: you know, all those guy who are great conversationalists and "seems great on paper," who drop a woman like a nuclear tater with no word or warning after the third date (always the third date!) if she hasn't put out, or who begins letting their guard down after a few dates, revealing a collection of crippling, deep-seated emotional issues that make for a completely undateable, quivering mess without thousands of hours of therapy.

From the descriptions I get from my female friends who are or have been dating recently (especially online), men are basically horrible, psychotic ****weasels.

But then I think to my male friends and try to imagine any of them acting like that, and with only one or two possible exceptions, I just can't even picture it (and the one or two I'm thinking of, it's more a matter of being way too blunt and socially awkward, not creeperville).

But I do know these men exist. I've heard harrowing accounts from people I trust; I've seen screenshots and the psychotic texts.

So my question: who are all these men, and where the hell do they come from?

:eek:

You would be surprised how many nice, normal guys think it's ok to send a girl unsolicited dick pics.

Oh, I know it happens all the time!

Do you think of all my male friends I imagined who would "never do such a thing!" that a few of them would send dick pix under cover of a screen name/anonymity?

No one has gotten dick pics from me.

But I have gotten Krawlies.

Probably.

I've gotten some from a few guys my husband probably believes would never do it.

I've seen some from guys on here you would never suspect. And no, I'm not naming names.

NumberSix, Mandard and tsquare?

This, fellas, is why I'm a feminist.

This isn't atypical or a special case from one particular woman. This is just what it's like. Somehow our parents raised a generation of males who think this is ok. Of course not all of you, but enough to make some aspects of life nauseating.

I don't know what it says, but I can't imagine ever doing this kind of thing. I can't imagine why or how anyone would do it.

It's just insane. Does behaving like that make you feel more masculine? Does it somehow help you reach your goal of having sex? Cause I've found that typically doing nice things is more helpful.

These guys are true ***holes who think women are only useful for sex. They probably only "respect" their mothers, but not enough to actually act in a way that she would be proud of. Although I imagine a portion of them have mothers who think this kind of behavior is normal.

I don't know what it says, but I can't imagine ever doing this kind of thing. I can't imagine why or how anyone would do it.

It's just insane. Does behaving like that make you feel more masculine? Does it somehow help you reach your goal of having sex? Cause I've found that typically doing nice things is more helpful.

Don't think these types of characters are trying to bed a woman in earnest. The same is true of a lot of street harassment type behaviors. I'd suspect there's some sort of weird death wish like complex about it. My guess would be that these types of fellas have, on some deep level, written off the idea of any kind of connection or intimacy with a woman, physical OR emotional, and are now using sex to demean women because, well, we're a culture that believes that sex demeans women. What would motivate them to do this is something I don't get either. It's incredibly destructive behavior for all involved.

Probably.

I've gotten some from a few guys my husband probably believes would never do it.

I've seen some from guys on here you would never suspect. And no, I'm not naming names.

My wife started getting chat messages on Facebook from some dude we'd met at a mutual friend's house party one time. Nothing utterly rank or rude - no dick faxes or the like, but a lot of unsolicited compliments and the like. Then he started going on about how lonely and desperate and depressed he was. She eventually had to tell him to knock it off and maybe consider counselling or something. He flipped out, shut down his Facebook account with some weird dramatic huff, and he's not been heard from since as far as I know.

A lot of these types are not outwardly obvious. But there is an epidemic of them and that's very, very troubling. Why so many young men are coming off the line so screwed up I don't know. You suspect Dad wasn't in the picture, or if he was it would have been better if he wasn't, and Mom's working three McJobs to try to make ends meet - assuming she doesn't have a tonne of issues herself, and the kid is basically being raised by the internet. Something like that. But it's frankly quite disturbing.

... or who begins letting their guard down after a few dates, revealing a collection of crippling, deep-seated emotional issues that make for a completely undateable, quivering mess without thousands of hours of therapy.

From the descriptions I get from my female friends who are or have been dating recently (especially online), men are basically horrible, psychotic ****weasels.

What I think happens is that well adjusted people of both genders, but males especially, either end up partnering off into stable relationships, or else remain single for whatever reason, and after a certain point the mating pool ends up being shallow and polluted. This is far less prevalent among women - though not entirely unheard of (I've gotten a few dandies in my Facebook message box, typically from ghetto types from inner city America) due to a generally wide libidinal gap between the genders, sex roles that make males responsible for initiation and pursuit, and no small degree of outright misogyny in a LOT of young male subcultures, particularly online.

I think a few truly believe the dick pix are a turn on to women.

As far as the dick head behavior... well, that seems to come after they have been (or perceive they are being) rejected, so I imagine they think they are saving face somehow?

It's just another example of how smartphones make people lazy and impersonal. Much like texting has replaced actual conversation, these people would rather send a dic pic than spend the time and money it would otherwise take to try and con women into sex.

These people have always been around. Technology simply allows them to behave in ways their absentee fathers could only dream about.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Isn't this texting dick pics to complete strangers thing sort of an age gap thing, Anthony Weiner aside?

I am not a prude by any means and I have always had the attitude that whatever consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is totally their business, but I'd be damned to say that if this is the new normal, I feel f*cking OLD! Texting or emailing dick pics is just foreign to me.

I think this is true. They are usually accompanied by something like "do you like what you see?" What are we supposed to say to that? "Oh yeah, your penis looks caring, respectful and like you have a great sense of humor!"

I think this is true. They are usually accompanied by something like "do you like what you see?" What are we supposed to say to that? "Oh yeah, your penis looks caring, respectful and like you have a great sense of humor!"

I can understand, on a purely intellectual level, that people think that. The same way I understand that Luke Skywalker can use the Force to levitate things. But, like Luke Skywalker, I can't rationally understand it happening in the the real world.

I obviously don't know enough disgusting people.

Honestly, if I got a close-up crotch shot beaver picture texted me, my first reaction would not be arousal. Out of context, genitals are kind of just hilarious and gross for both sexes. I'm probably the outlier, and I've probably been ruined by my biology background.

I guess I get it because on some level I want to have sex with pretty much everyone I meet. Unsolicited genital pics seem like a Xmas present.

BUT...

What sets me apart from these people is some awareness that not everyone thinks the way I do, that people have boundaries, and women especially have a history of being marginalized by a make driven society... So unless I'm encouraged I behave myself.

I've said many times I find that most every problem with society stems from poor education or a person's inability to recognized a world outside of themself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.