Remedial Vegetating: What to Watch?

Pong Messiah

Currently, the only shows I specifically set aside time for watching are Hannibal, The Walking Dead, and (sometimes) Homeland.

But I know there have been a ton of great shows in the last 10 years -- many I've never even heard of. And I'm gonna have two weeks with nothing to do coming up shortly. Am I gonna work on projects that need finishing? Am I gonna volunteer at the local soup kitchen? Am I gonna go on vacation and see the world?

No, I'm gonna keep the fireplace on and watch a lot of television.

Of course I'm too lazy to investigate for myself, so I want you to tell me: what should I watch?

:eek:

Because you already plan on watching?

No, because I'm going to have that damn theme song going through my head for the next week thanks to you.

You'd flat out love Justified.

Person of Interest is also rocking.

A friend gave me season 1 & 2 of Justified awhile back -- really enjoyed Season 1, and (to quote you) flat-out loved Season 2. One of those things where I got busy and totally forgot to keep up with the show. Have you enjoyed the later seasons as much as the early ones?

Person of Interest -- have only heard the title. Read the premise, and it sounds pretty cool. I will check this out too. Thanks!

Luther looks cool.

The show is intense and bleak and harrowing even when the "good" guys win, but it's gripping and we couldn't look away. And it's only three short seasons, plus a new miniseries coming next year.

Fox, who hate nice things, is planning an American remake. Obviously do not settle for anything except the original, so get in now so you can join us all in hating on Fox later!

House of cards

Good call. Saw (and very much enjoyed) the first season already. Wouldn't mind starting from the beginning again.

Breaking Bad

Thank you, and another good call. Have already seen every episode at least once, though. One of the few super hyped shows that actually deserved much of the praise it received!

Awesome suggestions, everybody. Much appreciated!

TV coma starts in just a few days. Gonna go first post-first-watch and start with Person of Interest, Justified (Season 3+), and Luther. Would watch 'em all but only so many hours of vegetation allowed per day!

:eek:

Homeland - this 4th series has been absolutely superb. Really picked up from a so-so 3rd series. Can't wait for the next episode!

I loved season 1 and most of 2.

Agree with you about the improvement. Season 3 was a mixed bag of mostly sleepy poop, while season 4 (so far) has been a mixed bag of mostly wakey candy.

Sherlock- you can get through this pretty fast, only 3 episodes per season (though they are 1 hr and 15 min each, so like mini movies) and only three seasons.

The West Wing- the dialogue is just so on point

Archer- Because then you'll start understanding where I get a lot of my sayings from

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Because Whedon

Also if you haven't seen it, then Breaking Bad.

Excited for you!

Sherlock is brilliant! Can't recommend it enough!

I've been catching up on a few shows recently - the U.S. version of Being Human is very good. Just getting to the end of the 1st series of Arrow, and enjoyed it, especially the flash backs in the island.

Some channels over here in England have been doing some older shows, showing an episode each weekday. So have blitzed through Quantum Leap again (oh boy!), and Babylon 5 (superb 2nd, 3rd and 4th series of that show).

Suits is another show that is compulsive viewing for me. Try and describe it and it sounds dull (law firm drama), but the characters are very engaging and very good storylines.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.