Star Wars trailer to be shown in select theatres.

RelentlessMalice

Master and Commander is decent, btw. Worthy of a DVR slot or Netflix etc. On your main point, I totally agree. Exclusive tease here, exclusive trailer there, stop it. Get it to your audience in one broad stroke. Disney has a YouTube account, use it, rake in the hits. If you are the source and you're accessible by your target audience (Hello, YouTube) then it should reduce the worry of policing leaks.

This is not 1999 when I paid to see Master and Commander just to walk out.

Just release it worldwide! This is so stupid. Can someone please get it and post it like the Avengers 2. Bad move Disney!

I agree, it will be a matter of hours before a weak/poor version will be leaked online that day. It is playing near me but I am not driving 100 kilometers just for a trailer that will be online in a matter of hours. Also my guess is we may see it as soon as Thursday night.

I have faith in this one, and not because of the cast. I just sense that JJ is a fan and was just as disappointed in the PT as we were. By the things said by him and people involved it feels like JJ is determined to make the anti-pt. Plus I really liked his version of star trek, and the biggest complaint about those movies from trek fans is that they felt more like star wars than trek. The idea of using the original cast to help usher in the new movies is just an added bonus.

Very cool. Love how the red sabre is bursting with energy, and sending those firery electrical flares off. Like it's highly unstable... Super cool. Except for the cross bar.. But maybe I'll get used to it. Otherwise looks ****ing awesome.

Also, reading the comments on the official trailer at YouTube is pure comic relief. There's actually people so disgusted with the crossbar, they've written the movie off. People going into a 5 paragraph rant about the mechanics of a light saber and 'scientifically' debunking why it's impossible for a light saber to have a crossbar.

I'm not going to lie, i'm seriously rooting for this crossbar and it being meaningful and useful in the film. Go, crossbar. Show the Galaxy you belong on a lightsaber.

The more I look at it the more I like it. The grip of the hilt is actually quite long on it too so any fears of finger\wrist severing are flawed. Looks like it had enough room for 2 hands.

Hopefully the villain does have more of a brute hack n slash choppy smash style rather than twirly twinkle toes finesse.

A lightsaber as Star Wars shows, hiltsaber or not, is not possible with our present understanding. Assuming it is plasma it could be recreated but would need to be quite massive, unable to be held. In addition the plasma wouldn't just form a blade from nothing. A rod would need to be in place and the top of the rod would also have an emitter/channeler to contain the plasma "blade". In other words a correct lightsaber would have that crossbar like thing at the base and the top... sans the t-venting.

Unless I'm mistaken, or understanding being out of date.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.