When will the media learn?

RelentlessMalice

Sorry for noob question, but does anybody know if there any videotape of the confrontation? Was the jury relying on eyewitnesses?

I heard something about audio, but definitely no video. When they (allegedly) release all the evidence and files later this week, presumably that'll float to the top more quickly in the public's interest than anything else.

Oh my god folks!People looting stores and destroying property and burning businesses.

I was not trying to be racist or prejudice by my comment about black friday. I was associating it with the craziness that you see in stores on black friday to the looting.

I was not being racist,however upon further review I see how the comment could be construed that way. That was not my intention at all.

I was not trying to be racist or prejudice by my comment about black friday. I was associating it with the craziness that you see in stores on black friday to the looting.

I was not being racist,however upon further review I see how the comment could be construed that way. That was not my intention at all.

I smell ya. Been following a lot of conversations on this, some trying way too hard to be clever. Thank you for clarifying :)

Also why release the decision at night? Why not early morning?

Maybe instead of turning the work day into a disaster zone, let residents have a chance to get off work, get home, have dinner, kiss their loved ones, and then go bunk in their storm cellars for the night.

Or maybe that's just how long it took McCulloch's writers to focus-group the heck out of that endless, meandering, vindictive, utterly tone-deaf speech for him.

What he said was based on facts. I think everyone knew it was a forgone conclusion that bad things would happen.

I will reserve my judgement on this issue until I read the released report. For a grand jury to not indict a case is rare which shows this case was weak to begin with.

What kills me more than anything is people not respecting rule of law,property and thinking what they are doing is right.

Heh. They even canceled Tuesday classes for school children. What? To give them time off to learn from the fine example set by their parents?

I didn't think Wilson would in indicted. There was blood from Brown on his gun which kind of supports self-defense.

Interesting information about Ferguson, MO has a real bad history of the way it dealt with poor and specifically Black people long before this happened. There's a lot of pent up rage in that city. Here's a pretty good article by Salon that gives and interesting background that many news outlets failed to pick up on:

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/21/missouris_tortured_history_of_racism_why_the_inferno_in_ferguson_is_no_surprise_partner/

Ferguson is an example of being in a poorly thought out public assistance department with deep seated racism. As when the "projects" were created for people who needed housing assistance the government said only the mothers could bring their kids in - Dad's, even Dad's looking for a job and trying to do the right thing were not allowed. It was either be out on the streets fending for yourself and homeless or you leave your husband and we'll provide you crappy housing.

What kills me more than anything is people not respecting rule of law,property and thinking what they are doing is right.

Again. I used to feel this way and just don't anymore. Not just in this specific case but in general. I can find all sorts of reasons to excuse lethal violence from a cop or a soldier and once those are accepted can find all sorts of reasons to excuse non-lethal violence from a citizen.

At 17 years old can you legally vote in a election?

The point I am making is the media disregards the basic fact that he was not a teenager but a legal adult.

Driver you are right it has no bearing on the case at hand, but those who want to riot scream "he was a kid!" He was not a kid. He was a fully grown man.

If he was a fully grown man he would've been able to go to the shop and buy himself a beer.

Also, apparently the Ku Klux Klan is gonna come save the day. https://news.vice.com/article/kkk-missouri-chapter-threatens-ferguson-protesters-with-lethal-force

Everytime the media talks about the Michael Brown case they always say "unarmed teen was shot and killed."

Did the rules change in the U.S. as to what classifies as a legal adult anymore? The last time I checked it was 18 years old.

Furthermore it makes me sick to my stomach when you have so many people who do not understand rule of law and that they feel they have the right to loot and riot because they may not like the grand jury decision.

Sick to your stomach? Really? I find it odd and incongruous, but it wouldn't make me nauseated.

And I linked to a couple articles that talk to your first point. Media have nothing to do with laws so they're not bound by any need to use specific language; in fact, Freedom of the Press allows them to use any type of language they wish outside libel. Media are not a court of law-I think you have the two confused. Clearly those who choose to call Brown an "unarmed teen" are painting a picture with bias. Surely not the first time this has occurred in the press; surely not news to you?

So, my question to you is WHAT would you like the media to learn?

Well in my opinion its yellow journalism that is biased like you said monkeygirl. I wish the media would simply not turn a routine incident between a police officer and a suspect in a strong armed robbery into a specticle because what we saw last night is a classic example of people who do not understand fact from fiction and the laws of this country to showcase their ignorance on tv by looting and setting fires.

You do not give people like that the time of day and the police should have protected the stores along with the owners.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.