When will the media learn?

RelentlessMalice

Everytime the media talks about the Michael Brown case they always say "unarmed teen was shot and killed."

Did the rules change in the U.S. as to what classifies as a legal adult anymore? The last time I checked it was 18 years old.

Furthermore it makes me sick to my stomach when you have so many people who do not understand rule of law and that they feel they have the right to loot and riot because they may not like the grand jury decision.

It would be interesting to see how often "teen" vs. "man" is used for 18-19 year olds depending on the circumstance. i.e. would "man" be used more often when describing somebody who robs a convenience store; would "teen" be used more often to describe the employee who was working behind the counter when the crime was perpetrated?

idk

Regardless, on this particular issue, I'm sure Krawlie is correct and RM incorrect. Would still be interesting to find out if there is any difference in the general usage of words, tho.

Furthermore it makes me sick to my stomach when you have so many people who do not understand rule of law and that they feel they have the right to loot and riot because they may not like the grand jury decision.

I honestly used to feel this way about lots and lots of things but have since come to wonder why everyone isn't outside doing this stuff 24/7.

Merits of this case aside, I think it's a little funny that despite your criticism, whenever there's a highly sensationalized criminal trial (whether it be this one, Casey Anthony, etc), sure as sh-t, you're always like the first person on here bitching about something. You ever stop and think that as much as you supposedly despise the rabble rousers, you're really a bit of a gadfly yourself?

I honestly used to feel this way about lots and lots of things but have since come to wonder why everyone isn't outside doing this stuff 24/7.

Let me guess, you're out there with a molotov cocktail yourself then... O master of the armchair activists?

As Krawlie pointed out, someone can be both an adult and a teen. To pretend otherwise shows an absolute disregard for things like language, basic math, and reality.

Carrie those must be some good drugs.

Unless you want to discuss the topic move on.

Again, stop trying to weasel your way out of this. It makes you look like you don't have an answer.

I am discussing the topic. I'm pointing out that anyone in this thread should take you very skeptically and that you are not worth wasting time on. The reason is because you constantly bellyache about the very behavior that you frequently engage in. For example, despite you claiming to somehow have some respect for the rule of law, in the Casey Anthony case, it was pretty evident that you were completely ready to sh-t on a fundamental legal principle that dates back to courts in the English middle ages... and why? Because you didn't like the outcome based on a preconceived bias that wasn't based on legal principles at all.

And now, you all come in here pretending like people need to respect the rule of law, and the grand jury's decision, and so on. And again.. why? Because now you have an opposite bias. Let's cut the sh-t here, shall we? You don't actually have any knowledge of what the rule of law even is, so stop pretending. This has nothing to do about the rule of law, it has to do with what cases annoy your personal feelings, and which don't.

In other words, you're completely full of it on this topic, and it's completely reasonable for me to point this out.

Let me guess, you're out there with a molotov cocktail yourself then... O master of the armchair activists?

If you could tell me why I shouldn't be that'd be nice.

Actually my #1 complaint on the Casey Anthony case was it was a case being tried in the media rather than the court of law.

The things the media did was build up in everyones mind was that she was guilty and ignored how some wvidence is allowed in and when it isnt. What we knew by watching the b news isnt what the jury got sometimes.

I still think she was guilty personally but her lawyers created reasonable doubt.

Actually my #1 complaint on the Casey Anthony case was it was a case being tried in the media rather than the court of law.

The things the media did was build up in everyones mind was that she was guilty and ignored how some wvidence is allowed in and when it isnt. What we knew by watching the b news isnt what the jury got sometimes.

I still think she was guilty personally but her lawyers created reasonable doubt.

OK well that post is not all that unreasonable, and if that's what you had said, I wouldn't be bringing this up. But that's not what you said. You called the whole thing a mockery of justice, and that the concept of "reasonable doubt" was "bs," you were even advocating for a boycott, and so on. I mean, it's all here if you forgot: http://nightly.net/topic/69696-casey-anthony/page-4

So, again, you're basically engaging in the same behavior. Maybe you're not being violent, and there's definitely something to be said for that, but you have the same mentality and you don't even realize it. This isn't about the rule of law for you, this is whether criminal suspects are personally sympathetic to you, and if they aren't, you think they should be guilty. That's not the rule of law, that's the rule of your own emotional opinion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.