Tossing the Salad

RamonAtila

I had a salad for lunch today.

Iceberg is great on most sandwiches for me.

I used to not like spinach now I LOVE it-raw, wilted, cooked.

Silk Thai, a place near me, makes this awesome Jumping Prawn salad that I now want for dinner-

lettuces, spinach and bean sprouts with mango, papaya, red onions and a dozen fat prawns with honey glazed walnuts and a yogurt dressing. It's my summer go-to when I've been working in the garden all day and don't want to cook.

I also like some other fruits in my salads. Halved green grapes with wonton strips or raisins with sunflower seeds are my favorite combos. Also adore beets in any salad, but especially with gorgonzola cheese and black walnuts.

ALSO don't mind having my salad tossed now and again. IF I RECALL. This Christmas marks NINE YEARS. I might as well become a ****ing nun. Sister Abstinence.

ALSO don't mind having my salad tossed now and again. IF I RECALL. This Christmas marks NINE YEARS. I might as well become a ****ing nun. Sister Abstinence.

I'm impressed/disappointed it took this long for a joke to be made beyond the thread title.

Ev did it, she was just subtle.

Guest El Chalupacabra

F*ck iceberg lettuce. Spinach and romaine lettuce is where it's at.

Different leaves for different salads.

As long as it's fresh, I don't care. Slimy salad is grosssssssss omg

Yeah, but iceberg lettuce is for livestock.

Among other things...

Pong, I literally got a nosebleed laughing so hard at this!

Thanks for helping me realize I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy.

• 3 weeks later...

I like making my own salads, but when I go out to eat, most of the time there is way too much lettuce and not enough of the other veggies. Denny's makes decent salads, though. I guess I'm just too picky about my veggies. I'm not fond of raw tomatoes, but I do like tomato-based sauces and I'll sometimes eat those little yellow ones that are really sweet. I prefer my broccoli cooked and my cauliflower raw, but have become less picky about that lately. I like green beans if they are fresh or frozen, but canned ones are awful. I don't mind corn or sweet peas from a can, though. See what I mean? Ridiculously choosy. As a kid, I hardly liked anything, so this is actually an improvement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.