Stuff It

monkeygirl

STUFFING.

The most inelegant of names, the yummiest part of many Thanksgiving feasts.

Stove Top?

Home made?

What of the possibility of contamination from the turkey vagina?

What do like to put in it, on it?

Ever had a stuffing sandwich?

with or without gravy?

MMMMMMMMMM. I wish I had stuffing right now.

Stuffing is definitely my favorite part of Thanksgiving meals. My mom makes a fantastic homemade stuffing on big holidays that includes a lot of sausage thrown in. Unfortunately, I won't be having it anytime soon since it is extremely difficult (and expensive) to get back home for a short Thanksgiving break. Hopefully, she'll make it at Christmas, too!

Otherwise, I'm fine with Stove Top, too.

I love stove top through the year but for Thanksgiving my mom makes this awesome homemade stuffing meant for turkey and gravy and mashed potatoes.

It's cubed breads - sourdough, white bread, corn bread, rye, just about any day old bread that she's got and puts them in a big bowl. She dices up celery and onions and puts them in melted butter to wilt and make them soft. Then adds raisins or a peeled apple. Then she will take fresh chicken stock and some fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary, salt and pepper, maybe herbs de provence and heats it a little. Then it all gets dumped in the big bowl with the breads and stirred up and then she dumps it in a baking dish to heat up later in the day or the next day that's been prepped with more butter.

We do sausage balls so she stopped doing sauted sausage as it was too much.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, no doubt. I'd rather have dry turkey than be sober on Thanksgiving

My brother's wife's family is Mormon (his wife isn't but her family is), so when I was over there there last year, beer in hand, it was quite the scandal. I wasn't allowed another one.

Guest El Chalupacabra

"There'll be no drinking"

"I don't get to drink"

What are you guys, like 16?

family sucks, the end.

The epilogue is CM is in Europe with alcohol within reach and doesn't have to put up with family, and should stop complaining.

Just sounds weird, that's all. If I'm at my parents' house and feel like drinking, I drink. If I don't, I don't. But then again, I'm a professional in my 30s with a six-figure salary, so my parents treat me like an adult, and have for more than a decade now.

Sitting around, shooting the sh-t with family members I haven't seen in years, over a few drinks, is one of the best parts of the holidays. I thought this was the norm.

Hell, every thanksgiving dinner I've been to, including at other families, have at a minimum gone through a few bottles of wine at the table. Again, thought this was the norm. Unless the family's Mormon.

Guest El Chalupacabra

See the thing is, there's family, and then there's in-laws. Family can be cool, but when it's in-laws, rarely is it any fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.