Record freezing temps in all 50 states; liberals/global warming advocates: explain

Carrie Mathison

OR- as all the evidence seems to suggest- if US leftists' hand-wringing on this issue has a lot more to do with either a) signaling mechanism/peacocking to potential members of your political tribe for social acceptance reasons, that you're sufficiently cool/hip and liberal (e.g. pro-science, not a jesus freak, etc); or b) a form of masturbatory release to assuage the feelings that we must "do something," regardless of how negligible the effects are, in order to eliminate feelings of bleeding-heart guilt.

LMAO

Carrie, no one I've ever read or spoken with has quite the grasp on the psyche of not just the U.S left, but all of progressivism since the break up of the U.S.S.R - that you do. That was pure gold. Bravo!

Pretty much what Ender and pavonis said. I'm not quite a global warming-denier, but I think there's a lot of BS in this climate change debacle. I think some of it is in the way we take our measurements (and right now something I'm doing at work actually sort of backs this up), and some of it is in how we model it. They need to just consult some mechanical engineers. ;)

I would love to see us focus more on nuclear energy and energy efficiency. I swear, if I ever get to go back to school full-time, I'm changing industries.

Tami, that's because you can't legislate global change. Amanda knows that as well, but it makes her feel better to come in here to challenge everybody to provide an answer when she knows damn well that there isn't one. Then she can point out that she already knew that there was no answer to her question and feel superior when someone tries to provide an answer and fails. She gets off on the failure of others. I don't fully understand the logic there, but just like the mean girls who feel prettier by calling out the physical imperfections of others, Amanda feels smarter when she can find the ignorance in others. Sometimes she has to make up fake "problems" to do so.

I must disagree.

Try this: don't take Amanda/Carrie (whatever her name)'s post at face value. It's not REALLY about climate change. It's really about the "all show and no substance" nature of progressive politics, an issue she's brought up before. And where that is concerned, she's spot on accurate. And I say this as someone with many leftist friends and who was myself a raging leftist for most of twenty years, and remains somewhat liberal to this day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.