Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Record freezing temps in all 50 states; liberals/global warming advocates: explain

106 replies to this topic

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I guess the hope is to make people so guilty that they just leave their car at the pump and go dry hump the nearest tree.
  • Destiny Skywalker +1 this

pavonis

pavonis

• 6,905 posts

Dry humping a tree sounds dangerous. Splinters would get in sensitive bits. Though sap might alleviate that problem a little.

What if a tree impregnated a woman? Is that how Groot happened?

• Jacen123 +1 this

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts

Dry humping a tree sounds dangerous. Splinters would get in sensitive bits. Though sap might alleviate that problem a little.

What if a tree impregnated a woman? Is that how Groot happened?

I don't remember what happened after, actually.

• pavonis, Jacen123 and Ryn +1 this

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*
  • Guests

All 50 states hit with below-freezing temperatures on Tues, even though it is not even December:

http://www.npr.org/b...-hit-32-degrees

Was apparently, the coldest November day since 1976:

http://www.marketwat...ures-2014-11-18

More than 350 record lows, and record low high temperatures for 42 states:

http://www.weather.c...locked-20141110

Well liberals, let's hear it. I'm all ears!!

I honestly don't care about global warming, anymore. It ranks about as high on my radar as abortion.  WTF am I going to do about it anyway?

Even if the Earth is going to end up having its atmosphere boiled away due to global warming, in some deep freeze due to climate change, exploding like Planet Krypton, or spontaneously hurling itself out of orbit and crashing into some dwarf planet in the asteroid belt, I will be long dead when it happens, and I won't have any kids\descendents when it happens, either. 

• monkeygirl and Good God a Bear +1 this

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts

better have some kids

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*
  • Guests

f*ck that.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

better have some kids

They'll just mock him for believing in global warming.

pavonis

pavonis

• 6,905 posts

I considered being serious here for a second, then realized dear CM is just trolling. I cannot reward such a half-assed trolling attempt. I know CM can troll at more sophisticated levels.

• Link +1 this

Carrie Mathison

Carrie Mathison

• 1,108 posts

Oh yeah, that old familiar line of reasoning. The last 5 years we saw X, so that necessitates the next 5 years having X.

Fun quiz for everyone: what logical fallacy is Ender committing? This is multiple choice:

A) No true scotsman
B) Correlation implies causation
C) Hot-hand
D) False dilemma
E) Begging the question

I didn't claim any action should be taken.

I didn't say that you did. Gee, my post went completely over your head, didn't it?

Carrie Mathison

Carrie Mathison

• 1,108 posts

Let's all waste each other's time exchanging talking points, because everyone here is so reasonable and willing to change their mind when faced with new data! Hooray for the Lyceum crowd being not-asshats!

Great description of yourself!

Put another way, get outta here with your holier-than-thou bullsh-t.

Carrie Mathison

Carrie Mathison

• 1,108 posts

An aspect of climate change is more extreme weather. Instead of steady rains spread out over a longer period of time, you get intense inundations.

Be honest, you just literally pulled that out of your ass right now.

Plus, I don't think anyone was claiming nor even discussing whether the rate of rainfall has increased. Before we talk about something like warming, perhaps you should think about working on something a little less complex: basic reading comprehension.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,931 posts

This thread is fantastic. Oh and

Oh yeah, that old familiar line of reasoning. The last 5 years we saw X, so that necessitates the next 5 years having X.

Fun quiz for everyone: what logical fallacy is Ender committing? This is multiple choice:

A) No true scotsman
B) Correlation implies causation
C) Hot-hand
D) False dilemma
E) Begging the question

All of the above.

pavonis

pavonis

• 6,905 posts

Why is the lowly lawyer trying to tackle a science topic?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

There can be only one

• 2,113 posts
I have a feeling Carrie's been in the sauce again. Way to keep warm, I guess.

pavonis

pavonis

• 6,905 posts

Drunk CM is usually more verbose. Today she was very terse. If I were human, I might be worried. Fortunately, I'm not.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,882 posts

heh. This topic kept me warm yesterday.

• monkeygirl +1 this

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*
  • Guests

better have some kids

They'll just mock him for believing in global warming.

YES-gif-PLEAAAAASE.gif

And maybe if I "dun raize them youngin's ri-aght," I'll be lucky enough to have them grow up to be racist, poo flinging chimps who re-tweet Rush Limbaugh talking points about them pinko commie lib-ruls, and plagiarize stormfront.org on a daily basis, too. That ri-aght there dun make any pappy prouder than when a hound pup gits his first flea.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

I think your kids would look so cute with a Hitler mustache.  Especially the girl.

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*

Guest_El Chalupacabra_*
  • Guests

I was thinking more along the lines of a Grandpa Jones Hee Haw signature series mustache. 

It would go better with the dueling banjos and the sh*t kicking. 

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

I think she should be able to trim her mustache any way she wants.

• Driver +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,489 posts

What kind of an American approves of women being in charge of their own grooming?  You, sir, are obviously a Russian spy.

• Copper and Driver +1 this

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,202 posts

*Advocates for global warming, insists on rising temperatures*

*Observes record low temperatures*

*Changes phrase "global warming" to "climate change," now claims temperatures irrelevant*

You really don't get how this works??

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,555 posts
I think "global warming" is a "best intentions" kind of term. It maybe meant to be helpful, but it really needs further explanation to be understood. (I had thought it as something like "affected global climate," but I'm not science-educated enough to make an argument if it's a better term.) About the recent weather, I like this National Geographic post, and that is complimentary to other articles that one effect of global warming/climate change is extreme weather of all conditions.

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,780 posts

My husband hates living in Seattle.  He's all about global warming.  Bring it on!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,900 posts

Huh. My wife wants to move to Seattle. Or at least somewhere more north of where we are.

Reply to this topic