Record freezing temps in all 50 states; liberals/global warming advocates: explain

Carrie Mathison

Guest El Chalupacabra

All 50 states hit with below-freezing temperatures on Tues, even though it is not even December:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/18/364972644/baby-its-cold-outside-all-50-states-hit-32-degrees

Was apparently, the coldest November day since 1976:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/all-50-states-register-freezing-tuesday-temperatures-2014-11-18

More than 350 record lows, and record low high temperatures for 42 states:

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/arctic-cold-outbreak-november-locked-20141110

Well liberals, let's hear it. I'm all ears!!

I honestly don't care about global warming, anymore. It ranks about as high on my radar as abortion. WTF am I going to do about it anyway?

Even if the Earth is going to end up having its atmosphere boiled away due to global warming, in some deep freeze due to climate change, exploding like Planet Krypton, or spontaneously hurling itself out of orbit and crashing into some dwarf planet in the asteroid belt, I will be long dead when it happens, and I won't have any kids\descendents when it happens, either.

Oh yeah, that old familiar line of reasoning. The last 5 years we saw X, so that necessitates the next 5 years having X.

Fun quiz for everyone: what logical fallacy is Ender committing? This is multiple choice:

A) No true scotsman

B) Correlation implies causation

C) Hot-hand

D) False dilemma

E) Begging the question

I didn't claim any action should be taken.

I didn't say that you did. Gee, my post went completely over your head, didn't it?

An aspect of climate change is more extreme weather. Instead of steady rains spread out over a longer period of time, you get intense inundations.

Be honest, you just literally pulled that out of your ass right now.

Plus, I don't think anyone was claiming nor even discussing whether the rate of rainfall has increased. Before we talk about something like warming, perhaps you should think about working on something a little less complex: basic reading comprehension.

This thread is fantastic. Oh and

Oh yeah, that old familiar line of reasoning. The last 5 years we saw X, so that necessitates the next 5 years having X.

Fun quiz for everyone: what logical fallacy is Ender committing? This is multiple choice:

A) No true scotsman
B) Correlation implies causation
C) Hot-hand
D) False dilemma
E) Begging the question

All of the above.

Guest El Chalupacabra

better have some kids

They'll just mock him for believing in global warming.

And maybe if I "dun raize them youngin's ri-aght," I'll be lucky enough to have them grow up to be racist, poo flinging chimps who re-tweet Rush Limbaugh talking points about them pinko commie lib-ruls, and plagiarize stormfront.org on a daily basis, too. That ri-aght there dun make any pappy prouder than when a hound pup gits his first flea.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I was thinking more along the lines of a Grandpa Jones Hee Haw signature series mustache.

It would go better with the dueling banjos and the sh*t kicking.

I think "global warming" is a "best intentions" kind of term. It maybe meant to be helpful, but it really needs further explanation to be understood. (I had thought it as something like "affected global climate," but I'm not science-educated enough to make an argument if it's a better term.) About the recent weather, I like this National Geographic post, and that is complimentary to other articles that one effect of global warming/climate change is extreme weather of all conditions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.