Christmas gifts

Cerina

We found out last week that my uncle's girlfriend is pregnant with twins. He has a 10 year old from a previous relationship and they have a little girl who will be 2 when the twins are born next May.

So for Christmas I want to get them something that will help out. My original plan was to get them a family membership the Houston Zoo or Children's Museum or Natural Science Museum.

What do you guys suggest?

Whichever is cheaper. :D

Lol. Well, you could get them another infant carseat. Or even an older toddler one. Not like they aren't going to use it! Or a double stroller. Tell them to get on that registry business!

I got a zoo membership this summer and Quinn loved it. Ethan did pretty good in the stroller, and the 10-year old will like it, too, because I had a friend with a 2-year old and an 11-year old who went with me a lot, too. It depends on if she's the type who needs to get out of the house or not. Quinn drove me nuts when we stayed home all day.

My grandparents are loaded and totally psyched out the twins. I'm sure they'll be purchasing all the big stuff. That's what they do. They just bought Noah this new thing, even though we're 5 weeks from Christmas. He saw it in the store and wanted it, so they just bought it.

Think I decided Quinn is getting a bunch of dress-up clothes. Found this amazing astronaut Halloween costume on clearance on Pottery Barn Kids. And she's obsessed with doctors so a doctor kit is a must. I remembered I added a bunch of fun stuff to her Amazon wish list.

Double strollers are awesome quality of life improvers. I have two; one is a beastly off road side-by-side christopher nolan reimagined stroller,

Is it a BOB? I'm sort of a BOB nerd. I have a Schwinn/InStep double because I cheaped out, and I always lament that it's not a BOB. I have a single BOB, and I love it more than anything. Ok, I might like my kids and husband more. Sometimes.

People I buy for (in order of who gets the most)

Mom

Sister

nieces

brother-in-law

Grandma

step-dad

step grandparents

brother-in-law's parents

Then friends each get something small and this year I'll be buying for 5 of them.

I don't plan on spending more than $300 but who knows what will happen? I already have some of the gifts too, been trying to get better about buying things when I see them on sale and stowing them away.

I love Christmas but it always seems like something crazy happens with my Mom's health around now. This year she'll be having her second boob surgery in the month of December. So I'll probably be cooking AND in caretaker mode. Weeee.

It's not a BOB, not sure what it is now that I think about it. My parents bought it for me. It looks a bit like the four wheeled Mountain Buggy Duet but mine is a bit wider. I don't think my parents went above $350 so it's probably not a boutique brand. It's a beast though, small but thick mountain bike like tires with shocks, strudy and with clearance high enough to easily push thru snow. The seats are big enough to hold my 9yo, but obviously she is not a rider of it. It's for my 4yo and 2yo, makes taking the 9yo to and from school a pleasant walk.

They are expensive but where children cost the most is time. Case in point that sentence took 35 minutes to write; I sat on the couch, feet up, half watching TV half surfing Nightly. My 4yo dutifully saw my 2yo snuck the 4yo's cup of chocolate milk, my 4yo deftly reacquired his cup while being polite and awesome. My 4yo was so proud of his problem solving he had to immediately tell me. In his excitement he dropped the cup of chocolate milk. The force popped the lid and the contents exploded out across the kitchen floor, even splattering up the surrounding wall. My 4yo just stared at me and I at him until he said, "Oh no. That's not right." All I could do was sigh and start cleaning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.