The Glen Larson Wake Thread

ShadowDog

Glen Larson created most of the TV shows that influenced and informed my creative development. My indie TV series Dead Room would be a very different animal without him.

I'm sure he had a lot of help and his actual creative contribution probably varied depending on the show. But his name was on pretty much everything I watched as a kid.

Besides my creativity his shows also helped me escape from the shatasticness of my childhood. I owe him a lot.

What was your favorite among his shows? Knight Rider was pretty damned good. I would pick BSG or Buck Rogers if they had lasted longer.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Knight Rider, BSG, and Buck Rogers were shows I watched as a kid and really liked, too. I'd add Six Million Dollar Man, and Magnum PI to that list, too. Out of the lot, I would probably have to say BSG was my favorite.

However, not to besmirch the man and as much as I liked those shows back then, they are all pretty hard to watch nowadays. But almost all saw remakes, at least in some form, so you have to credit them with having good concepts.

When you're 7 years old, you love Star Wars, and VHS decks don't exist yet— this guy kept your imagination going with OG-BSG. And why he certainly may have been inspired by the success of certain films, he built universes that could stand on their own. As far as I am concerned he, along with Bellessario and Cannell, are just as part of my childhood, and our shared cultural genregeek world, as Speilberg and Lucas.

i wouldn’t be a writer with out him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.