Quick, taste this 5-point Political Teste!

Pong Messiah

For sure. I think the quiz gives a good general direction, but those nuances can make a difference. Like it says I'm pro-government, but I picked that it should be small. But I definitely think it should have some basic services and some basic laws to prevent crazy stuff like The Purge behavior.

Well, that was only one question. There were probably close to 10 others that impacted size of government.

Anyway, your score is interesting. Pretty socially conservative, and willing to use government to some degree to achieve those aims, but actually a little left leaning on economics and not too into overseas wars.

Basically, if we had a resurrection of Southern populism, that would be your perfect candidate.

Sorta similar to Six. His perfect candidate, based on his scores, would be a slightly more libertarian leaning Huckabee.

I'm not sure what mine means but I am sure it's the exact view everyone here hates.

You are super conservative in how you look at social issues, but interestingly, you have a low authoritarianism score, so somewhat paradoxically, you don't want to see government do anything about it. At the same time, you're a big free marketer.

I've met people like you. I call them "church-going libertarians." In their personal lives, they tend to be really straight edge, but they are often skeptical of any government interference at the same time. For example, they'll be willing to vote for local bans on abortion, but they are a tough sell on any national ban. They are usually big states-rights people. They often seem to come from younger generations of red states, who may have grown up religious and still are, but are not really into big-government social policy like, e.g. national bans on abortion or gay marriage.

In some ways, they are the flip side of the coin of what I call the "hippie drug-using libertarians." These are people that often come from blue states and are super liberal in their personal lives, but they have become disillusioned with modern Left parties and their selective enforcement of individual rights (e.g. big on equal protection and enfranchisement, but absent on free speech and gun rights). Therefore, they've naturally drifted more into the libertarian camp.

What both have in common are typically low authoritarianism scores, and fairly frequently they may even vote similarly, but in their personal lives, they couldn't be any more different.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about both of those issues.

I think I'm more left leaning on social issues and right leaning on economic ones. I don't know what questions gave the opposite impression.

Well, maybe you're not as left leaning as you think. You may be confusing "left leaning," with a low authoritarian score. It's possible to be personally conservative on social issues but have a high threshold for government action (GGaB is similar in this). Here's a way to find out- notwithstanding any other circumstances, and not considering whether it should be legal or not, do you tend to personally think abortion is generally wrong?

With maybes:

You are a: Communist Anti-Government Interventionist Reactionary

Collectivism score: 83%

Authoritarianism score: -33%

Internationalism score: 17%

Tribalism score: 0%

Liberalism score: -67%

Without:

You are a: Communist Libertarian Reactionary

Collectivism score: 100%

Authoritarianism score: -67%

Internationalism score: 0%

Tribalism score: 0%

Liberalism score: -67%

Are you Catholic, by chance?

How is this not the most obvious thing in the world?

Also, it appears Brando is basically my polar opposite. I mean, we agree on nothing. He is very communitarian, I'm a capitalist. He's anti-authoritarian, I'm borderline fascist. He has no real position on whether American culture is superior, I clearly think it's superior. He's super moral, religious and conservative socially, I'm an atheist that's all about the abortions and cocaine. I take it back- I guess we're relatively similar on one thing.. neither of us are huge into international intervention.

How are we not arguing more often Brando?

Yes, I do. Mostly.

I do actually live in a very conservative part of the world. There's a possibility that I feel more left-leaning solely as a comparison to the extreme right I'm surrounded by every day.

I feel the same way about my scores, except I'm the exact opposite of you. I live in a very blue state thats borderline communist, so as a reaction to that and my background in business, The test shows I lean right in economics...but not as much as I thought.

My state is very liberal, but I consider myself conservative; however the test puts me smack dab in the middle.

My internationalism score was high, but honestly I don't care that much. Yes/No/maybe doesn't scale how strongly you feel about each issue, but you have to choose something. I intentionally avoided all maybes.

My tribalism score was high and that makes sense. Like people, I DON'T believe all countries are equal. Why would they be? some are better...not just different. For instance social tolerance isn't just different, it's better than countries that persecute it's own women/gays/religious outcasts/whatever. Religious freedom is inherently better than countries that blow each other to bits over the same pile of holy sand. Women who can live their lives as they see fit is better than having to hide in a burka like a deaf mute for fear of death. Having sexual freedom is better than having to hide homosexuality for fear of death. Why would all countries be equal?

I've met people like you. I call them "church-going libertarians." In their personal lives, they tend to be really straight edge, but they are often skeptical of any government interference at the same time. For example, they'll be willing to vote for local bans on abortion, but they are a tough sell on any national ban. They are usually big states-rights people. They often seem to come from younger generations of red states, who may have grown up religious and still are, but are not really into big-government social policy like, e.g. national bans on abortion or gay marriage.

This is always what the so called "paleo-conservatives" were like. Tea Party types came across as this sort before the movement took off in 2009-2010.

In some ways, they are the flip side of the coin of what I call the "hippie drug-using libertarians." These are people that often come from blue states and are super liberal in their personal lives, but they have become disillusioned with modern Left parties and their selective enforcement of individual rights (e.g. big on equal protection and enfranchisement, but absent on free speech and gun rights). Therefore, they've naturally drifted more into the libertarian camp.

I colloquially refer to these types as the "Fedora Alliance" (named for the head wear that MRA/pick up artist types are most commonly associated) - typically young single males and "girls gone wild" types as likely to quarrel with the politically correct crowd as they are the religious right. YouTube personality 'The Amazing Atheist' is a near textbook example. These would have been "south park Republicans" before they moved away from that party during the 'W' years. My own sympathies do tend to lie in this direction, mind you, despite how ornery and cantankerous they can get. I do seem to be getting more conservative and cynical in my old age, though.

I feel the same way about my scores, except I'm the exact opposite of you. I live in a very blue state thats borderline communist, so as a reaction to that and my background in business, The test shows I lean right in economics...but not as much as I thought.

My state is very liberal, but I consider myself conservative; however the test puts me smack dab in the middle.

This is me to a tee.

Living in in Eugene, Portland, and Seattle gave me a really skewed view of my own beliefs.

I don't mind the government telling businesses what they can and cannot do within certain parameters. I think employers have certain responsibilities to their workers, their community, the environment, etc., and that they should be punished if they fall short... but because I don't wince at the word "capitalism," don't view it as a fatally flawed, unfair system designed by the patriarchy to torment, confuse, and humiliate "the people." Worse still, I've never involuntarily hissed at Republicans when they appear on television, and have even voted for a few in my lifetime. Because of this, I was considered some kind of far right extremist by more than a few otherwise intelligent people I knew, and even considered myself some kind of libertarian hybrid through most of my 20s. Hey, I believe in a minimum wage, guys!

Sadly, it only took a few plane trips to other cities to realize I am little more than a milquetoast moderate (by American standards, anyway). Far right extremist sounded so much more fun!

:no:

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.