Quick, taste this 5-point Political Teste!

Pong Messiah

Ha! It can change it quite a bit. Mine didn't change all that much because any time I say I'm against abortion, it pretty firmly throws me in the Bible-thumper camp.

Yeah, it is annoying.

I think the U.N. is inefficient, corrupt, kind of a joke, etc. (kind of right wing/isolationist in flavor), but if you force me to choose between the reckless "U.S. out of the United Nations now!" option and saying something positive about the U.N., I'll have to pick the less silly/danagerous "positive" choice, which skews my views in the opposite direction from what they really are.

Abortion is similar. I am not at all bothered that there are states that restrict access to abortion after 24-28 weeks, and barring health or momdanger issues, I don't think you should be allowed to kill off a fully viable human being (I realize that in practice, this situation is very, very rare) -- but I don't think abortion is always wrong or that it should be banned as a procedure. Questions like "Euthanasia, abortion and suicide should all be legal" are maddeningly vague to me, because IMO, legality should be situational; it's not a black and white issue.

With maybes:

You are a: Communist Anti-Government Interventionist Reactionary

Collectivism score: 83%

Authoritarianism score: -33%

Internationalism score: 17%

Tribalism score: 0%

Liberalism score: -67%

Without:

You are a: Communist Libertarian Reactionary

Collectivism score: 100%

Authoritarianism score: -67%

Internationalism score: 0%

Ha! It can change it quite a bit. Mine didn't change all that much because any time I say I'm against abortion, it pretty firmly throws me in the Bible-thumper camp.

Yeah, it is annoying.

I think the U.N. is inefficient, corrupt, kind of a joke, etc. (kind of right wing/isolationist in flavor), but if you force me to choose between the reckless "U.S. out of the United Nations now!" option and saying something positive about the U.N., I'll have to pick the less silly/danagerous "positive" choice, which skews my views in the opposite direction from what they really are.

Abortion is similar. I am not at all bothered that there are states that restrict access to abortion after 24-28 weeks, and barring health or momdanger issues, I don't think you should be allowed to kill off a fully viable human being (I realize that in practice, this situation is very, very rare) -- but I don't think abortion is always wrong or that it should be banned as a procedure. Questions like "Euthanasia, abortion and suicide should all be legal" are maddeningly vague to me, because IMO, legality should be situational; it's not a black and white issue.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about both of those issues.

I think I'm more left leaning on social issues and right leaning on economic ones. I don't know what questions gave the opposite impression.

With maybes:

Without:

Are you Catholic, by chance?

Communist Bleeding-Heart Libertine

Authoritarianism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -83%
Liberalism score: 83%

This is with maybe's. I just lose the "anti-government" bit.

Did anyone else have trouble with the double negatives? I feel like the quiz could have been written better with "agree" or "disagree" rather than yes or no.

With maybes:

Without:

Unfortunately most practicing Catholics in the US would end up at the opposite end of the spectrum from me. I've ended so many friendships with what I call Republican Catholics - people who place the Republican party first and then try to make Catholicism match.

Maybes:

You are a: Right-Leaning Anti-Government Interventionist Bleeding-Heart Traditionalist

Collectivism score: -17%
Authoritarianism score: -17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -83%
Liberalism score: -17%

No Maybes

You are a: Conservative Interventionist Bleeding-Heart Moderate

Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -100%
Liberalism score: 0%

Those GD bleeding heart moderates.

I'm not really even sure. Maybe I didn't give it enough thought. Surprised I got labeled as Anti-Gov

I think the 2nd one though; if forced to choose.

Having glanced through the thread and my own scores, I'd have guessed I'd have popped up as something like a Right-Leaning Non-Interventionist Some-Kind-Of Moderate.

edit: I took it again, leaving some maybes but getting rid of ones I could live without and go "Cosmopolitan Liberal" on the tail end.

Bleeding heart moderate is my favorite term of the week.

With maybes:

Without:

Unfortunately most practicing Catholics in the US would end up at the opposite end of the spectrum from me. I've ended so many friendships with what I call Republican Catholics - people who place the Republican party first and then try to make Catholicism match.

I would love to know what you think about the Pope, considering what a stir he has the American diocese in. But I understand if you'd rather not comment.

Bleeding heart moderate is my favorite term of the week.

With maybes:

Without:

I would love to know what you think about the Pope, considering what a stir he has the American diocese in. But I understand if you'd rather not comment.

I'll start a new thread about it when I get a chance (maybe very soon, maybe not for days). But the short version is that neither his fans nor his detractors are capable of pointing to a single thing he's said that is different from what his recent predecessors has said. You can find headlines that are different, but often for statements that are substantially the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.