IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

Destiny Skywalker

It's the end of the world on social media. No one is happy with the election results.

So what are we going to blame this time? 'Mericans are stupid? Democrats were resting on their laurels? Bad strategy? Poor voter turnout by young people who are only interested in presidential elections? (I don't think it's this one unless I'm really getting that old, because my facebook feed was filled with people talking about voting.)

An interesting link that one of my friends who is a Poli Sci professor shared:

How Facebook could skew an election: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/11/how-facebook-could-skew-an-election/382334/

(I don't think it's this one unless I'm really getting that old, because my facebook feed was filled with people talking about voting.)

You are old.

Cerina, we're old milennials or young GenXers. Neither group wants to claim us. But most pretty solidly agree that Milennial starts no later than 1982.

Fozzie, why do you hurt me so?

If it makes you feel better, you're not as old as me.

GOOD. I don't want to be old. :(

You had a kid way before I did. So did Seth, for that matter.

In all seriousness, I think I have a lot of friends who are teachers who are responsible for most of the gloom and doom. I tried to see if they had some crazy anti-teacher ballot measure in Illinois, but really, the issue is that they elected a GOP governor. OMG THE UNIONS WILL PERISH! FFS.

All you whipper snappers get off my damn lawn!

Ha ha - yeah. I was born during Watergate. So there.

Expect a whole lot of little difference between now and 2016. Electorates will then be angry at the G.O.P for what is or is not accomplished between now and then. Reverse, rinse, lather and repeat.

Gotta hand it to the GOP, they capitalized on Dem weakness with several almost *gasp* decent candidates. There was minimal Tea Party craziness this time around -- in fact from what I saw, the vast majority of the "tea party" stuff was coming from Democratic opponents, trying to paint their opponents as woman-hating, government-destroyers.

Credit where it is due.

Also, while I didn't vote for a single Republican, I have to admit the wailing butthurt I get to witness whenever it's a good year for Republicans is far more satisfying than conservative teeth gnashing. Democrat tears just taste better.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Do you think the tea party craze is over? God, I hope so.

Nah, it will re-surge in 2016, but be called something else by then.

Probably be some grass roots movement that will be anti-Hillary or something.

Do you think the tea party craze is over? God, I hope so.

Probably "over" in the sense that they are doing a better job of locking their crazies in the closet, and have worked to keep the nasty primary stuff to a minimum. The "establishment" isn't stupid; they know that every Christine O'Donnell who manages to sneak through a primary is not only guaranteed to implode in a general election, but to hurt their brand-name on a national level.

Not that there is anything unusual about this. Virtually all political parties have their looneybirds, and go through periods of squawking (when they are really passionate/idealistic) and discipline (when they just really, really wanna win).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.