Fozzie!

Pong Messiah

A poop covered scarecrow would have been better than Fitzgerald.

I honestly don't understand how the Dems allowed such a horrible campaign. The guy was a joke, but he also pretty much ran out of money so that it almost seemed like Kasich was running unopposed. His name was only ever mentioned negatively: either some scandal or the fact that nobody would give him money.

Kasich has also done a great job of running to the center the past couple years, and that's certainly helped him. Plus he's gotten a huge bump from the Columbus growth, which I think has more to do with OSU and the mayor than the governor's office, but growth in the state is growth in the state.

But, still, a poop covered scarecrow could have gotten at least 40%. I still can't believe that FitzGerald was the best that could be thrown up against Kasich. FitzGerald wasn't even competitive in his own county, which tends to be pretty strongly Democrat.

I'm enjoying reading a lot of the anti-Kasich commentary from the right.

He's the devil for supporting Medicaid expansion in Ohio.

Other than that, he should be a Republican in good standing, but they hate him for it. Fortunately it's a wing that can't possibly stay united for long. The crazies always have to fight for who can be more pure, to the point that if you ever gave a dollar to the Salvation Army Santa you're a Commie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.