Hey Apathyfaces

Copper

You said it, Krawlie.

Today in my newsfeed, I'm seeing exactly what I thought I'd see. Starting today, apparently, women will be burned at the stake for witch craft and stoned to death for adultery, as will be homosexuals. Black people can be lynched and lashed for failing to produce enough cotton - ditto for child laborers in the textile mills.

Given this silliness, I'd cheer the drubbing the democrats took, but we all know just now NOT DIFFERENT it would have been had things gone the other way. Had the democrats won or even held steady, today we'd see the Red Guard storming the churches, agricultural collectivization would follow immediately upon the seizure and confiscation of ALL guns, and the next five year plan might have a birth certificate for President Obama in there somewhere. Maybe.

If you ask me, each side gives the other two much credit. Neither party could organize a piss up in a brewery - unless of course a prominent backer could profit from it somehow - much less any sort of persecution each thinks the other has in mind. It's almost as if beneath all this hysteria over nazis, fundies or commies is a repressed wish that someone even HALF as effective as either one could end up on Capitol Hill. At least SOMETHING would get done. As it is ... two more years of grid lock, shut down and filibustering and the next election being decided by which ever side's spin doctors is more successful in blaming the whole lot of nothing we're in for on the other.

Reverse, lather, rinse, repeat.

Today in my newsfeed, I'm seeing exactly what I thought I'd see. Starting today, apparently, women will be burned at the stake for witch craft and stoned to death for adultery, as will be homosexuals. Black people can be lynched and lashed for failing to produce enough cotton - ditto for child laborers in the textile mills.

Given this silliness, I'd cheer the drubbing the democrats took, but we all know just now NOT DIFFERENT it would have been had things gone the other way. Had the democrats won or even held steady, today we'd see the Red Guard storming the churches, agricultural collectivization would follow immediately upon the seizure and confiscation of ALL guns, and the next five year plan might have a birth certificate for President Obama in there somewhere. Maybe.

I was actually really bothered by the meme I saw going around on facebook saying, "Vote like your lady parts depend on it. Because they do." For one, my lady parts are not on the ballot in my area. Also, are we women so stupid that the only thing we can think about is our lady parts and we vote with our uteruses instead of our brains? The other part that bothers me is that it was pretty much saying that if I don't vote Democrat, I'm betraying my sex or myself. Democrats don't give a crap, they just want the women vote so they use scare tactics like that to get it.

However, the gun control measure passed here and there was definitely a little bit of crying about it from my gun-loving friends, but nowhere near as bad as the teachers crying about their livelihood. I have tons of respect for teachers but OMG the dramatics.

I was actually really bothered by the meme I saw going around on facebook saying, "Vote like your lady parts depend on it. Because they do." For one, my lady parts are not on the ballot in my area. Also, are we women so stupid that the only thing we can think about is our lady parts and we vote with our uteruses instead of our brains? The other part that bothers me is that it was pretty much saying that if I don't vote Democrat, I'm betraying my sex or myself. Democrats don't give a crap, they just want the women vote so they use scare tactics like that

OMG yes. This. This was especially bad here in Texas thanks to Wendy Davis and her filibustering.

I did vote for Wendy Davis. Mostly because I thought getting a Democrat to be a governor would be a step in Texas towards getting gay marriage in. But the scare tactics were pretty good on both sides. Ebola was a major campaign striking point for the GOP. "Let's close our border to protect against Ebola!" or my other personal favorite attacks involving Obama, "When you elected Pete Gallagos you elect a buddy for Obama!"

I was actually really bothered by the meme I saw going around on facebook saying, "Vote like your lady parts depend on it. Because they do." For one, my lady parts are not on the ballot in my area. Also, are we women so stupid that the only thing we can think about is our lady parts and we vote with our uteruses instead of our brains? The other part that bothers me is that it was pretty much saying that if I don't vote Democrat, I'm betraying my sex or myself. Democrats don't give a crap, they just want the women vote so they use scare tactics like that to get it.

Grand slam home run! This exactly.

On one liberal meme that I saw, some progressive jackass - a white male no less, said "looks like a lot of women voted the way their husbands told them to." A bunch of likes for that one, including one stupid chick who bemoaned how "women are trained from birth to care only about marriage, clothes and children" and that this "made her sick." As an aside I checked out this chick's profile and guess what? Recently married, MOST of the pictures were of a baby, and she looked kind of fashionable to boot.

The hypocrisy lying at the heart of this so called "feminism" can not now be more glaring. What kind of patronizing crap is that? I guess thinking of women as being nothing more than vaginas and that dictating to them, for their own good of course, is okay after all. So long as a progressive is doing it, of course.

They're not feminists. They've expropriated the label and the name, but they make a complete mockery of EVERYTHING that every women's liberationist from Mary Wollstonecraft to Gloria Steinam ever stood for. Their attitudes towards women are best compared to the purity cults of late Victorian England; something to be idealized and romanticized but not truly respected.

St. George has definately become the dragon. The good news is that it's no longer just The Kurgan who sees it.

... uteruses...

Uteri.

Main Entry: uter·us

Pronunciation: \ˈyü-tə-rəs, ˈyü-trəs\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural uter·us·es or uteri \ˈyü-tə-ˌrī\

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin, belly, womb; probably akin to Greek hoderos belly, Sanskrit udara

Date: 14th century

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.