Hey Apathyfaces

Copper

don't tell me what to do

reading comprehension. there is no telling!

I wish I lived in California just so I could cancel Copper's votes out :(

Ha! it'd be pretty easy to do- just vote all Republican and you would cancel me out. Except on some ballot measures. I voted no on prop 1 and 2, and both are endorsed by Governor Brown.

Nope!

I never vote, but I genuinely wanted to this year. I had plans to vote against a bunch of incumbents because I believe you should be fired for sucking at your job. Plus, I know a few local judges who were up for reelection, so I thought I'd throw them a bone.

But I can't even muster the strength to get something to eat from the kitchen.

YEAH. And I voted FOR 594 just to make some friends ****ing happy.

I voted no on both 591 and 594. I want background checks but the transfer thing is silly. But I think 594 is going to pass. Oh well, doesn't effect me really anyway.

WHY can't we ever have an initiative that's just ONE concept? There always seems to be some crap buried inside the dang things. My vote was because it requires the same of private and gun show sellers as it does in stores. That part makes sense to me. I just don't think either will make any difference in anyone's lives. Pilchuck woulda still happened, for instance.

Exactly. Pilchuck was bad timing, but it wouldn't have helped. People who don't want to follow the law aren't going to care about obtaining a gun legally. Or even if they do have the gun legally, they're still going to do what they set out to do. I feel very strongly about background checks, which is why I couldn't support 591. That and I think the "they're gonna hunt us down and take our guns!" mentality is ridiculous. But 594 had some pretty serious flaws with regards to transfers. (Although I think lending your gun to someone is also a bad idea, I can see how letting your buddy shoot your gun on a hunting trip or at the range shouldn't be a criminal act.)

Oh, nothing's gonna change. Anything the Republican controlled Congress pass will just get vetoed, and anything the Democrats try to pass won't. Then in 2 years, we'll have an exasperatingly low approval rating for everyone, and maybe a third of incumbents at best will get voted out, and it'll be the same thing all over again until 2018. I hate being this cynical, I really do, but I don't see anything making a difference. People are too incapable of voting outside of their Capital Letter of choice that they can't/won't see a bigger picture, and everything stays the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.