Some guys have all the luck

I have to ask, why can't you clean your own house? This boggles my mind. Are you all very busy, or are your houses THAT large? Not being snarky, just curious.

Because we both work a minimum of 40 hours a week (closer to 50 for my husband) and have 2 small children. And quite frankly, I'd rather spend time cooking healthy food and playing with my kids

Here's what my regular work day looks like:

5 AM: wake up, feed baby, shower, get ready

6 AM: Get kids ready

6:30-7:30: Take kids to daycare, find new parking spot at work, ride bus into work

7:30 AM: arrive at desk, work. Work through lunch, take 3 short breaks to express milk

4:00 PM: Go to pick up kids

5:15 PM: arrive home. Try to spend time with kids but really spend time cleaning bottles, putting milk away, unfreezing milk for the next day, labeling bottles, getting diapers ready for the next day. Maybe throw in a load of laundry depending on what pile is overflowing. All while holding baby and listening to him fuss when I put him down to pick something up. Husband gets home around 6 and cooks dinner. The last 2 nights, it's been 7 PM and my night has been hell.

7:00 PM: Eat dinner while feeding baby pureed food. Give him spoon when done so that he can entertain himself while I wolf down food as quickly as possible.

7:30 PM: Baby gets a bath, fed and goes to bed, older one gets a bath from dad.

8:00 PM: Older kid gets a story and snuggle time with dad. Finish up bottles, pack myself lunch for the next day, fold laundry. Do dishes from dinner.

9:30 PM: A whole 30 minutes to myself. What will I do? Probably go to bed early, unless I stay up to pay bills.

10:00 PM: Go to bed.

10:15 PM: Baby wakes up because he senses that I have just fallen asleep. Rock baby back to sleep. Pass out.

12:00 AM: Baby wakes up, feed him, put him back to bed

4:00 AM: Baby wakes up, feed him. Try to put him back to bed, decides he's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, give him to dad to deal with.

5:00 AM: Alarm goes off.

Quite frankly, a little hard not to tell you to kiss my ass right now.

I have to ask, why can't you clean your own house? This boggles my mind. Are you all very busy, or are your houses THAT large? Not being snarky, just curious.

I have a larger house than I need with two adults and a dog who lives to dive in mud puddles. I'm not a neat freak, but I'm not a slob, either, and will attest that it can be hard to keep up when everybody is away from home 55-70 hours a week and just wants to vegetate or relax after coming home. If I had two kids to take care of like Destiny, damn straight I'd hire somebody to clean my house.

I'm on vacation now, so no excuse for messiness, but the rest of the time, it can really creep up. Spending money on a cleaning service pays for extra relaxation time and peace of mind, and is a good investment, IMO.

Because we both work a minimum of 40 hours a week (closer to 50 for my husband) and have 2 small children. And quite frankly, I'd rather spend time cooking healthy food and playing with my kids

6:30-7:30: Take kids to daycare, find new parking spot at work, ride bus into work

7:30 AM: arrive at desk, work. Work through lunch, take 3 short breaks to express milk

5:15 PM: arrive home. Try to spend time with kids but really spend time cleaning bottles, putting milk away, unfreezing milk for the next day, labeling bottles, getting diapers ready for the next day. Maybe throw in a load of laundry depending on what pile is overflowing. Husband gets home around 6 and cooks dinner.

7:00 PM: Eat dinner while feeding baby pureed food. Give him spoon when done so that he can entertain himself while I wolf down food as quickly as possible.

7:30 PM: Baby gets fed and goes to bed, older one gets a bath from dad.

8:00 PM: Older kid gets a story and snuggle time with dad. Finish up bottles, pack myself lunch for the next day, fold laundry. Do dishes from dinner.

9:30 PM: A whole 30 minutes to myself. What will I do? Probably go to bed early, unless I stay up to pay bills.

10:15 PM: Baby wakes up because he senses that I have just fallen asleep. Rock baby back to sleep. Pass out.

4:00 AM: Baby wakes up, feed him. Try to put him back to bed, decides he's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, give him to dad to deal with.

I was just saying I wasn't a natural born SoCal person with Mexican abuse built in! I get the need for a cleaning lady for sure. I just think it's funny when people pre-clean for them. We're interviewing our own cleaning lady this weekend. My first one, I'm very excited. She's going to save our relationship because my GF never picks anything up ever and I might murder her.

I was just saying I wasn't a natural born SoCal person with Mexican abuse built in! I get the need for a cleaning lady for sure. I just think it's funny when people pre-clean for them. We're interviewing our own cleaning lady this weekend. My first one, I'm very excited. She's going to save our relationship because my GF never picks anything up ever and I might murder her.

The above wasn't for you. :p But hooray for cleaning lady!

For for the record, that's not cleaning. That's called "picking up". I tell my husband it's not the cleaning lady's job to put his dirty underwear lying on the floor NEXT TO THE GODDAMN LAUNDRY BASKET in the laundry basket.

I want one because I'm lazy.

And kinda busy. Not too busy to clean the house regularly, but I hate it. So I'd gladly pay someone else to do it. But since I'm not working, and me not working has just added on an expense (tuition), I have to suck it up and clean.

5:15 PM: arrive home. Try to spend time with kids but really spend time cleaning bottles, putting milk away, unfreezing milk for the next day, labeling bottles, getting diapers ready for the next day. Maybe throw in a load of laundry depending on what pile is overflowing. All while holding baby and listening to him fuss when I put him down to pick something up. Husband gets home around 6 and cooks dinner. The last 2 nights, it's been 7 PM and my night has been hell.

7:30 PM: Baby gets a bath, fed and goes to bed, older one gets a bath from dad.

You told me about your entire day, but then ran out of breath before you could tell me to kiss your ass? ;)

Edit: I reread my original post that you quoted and DID try to change it to something less accusatory, but you had already committed.

EditEdit: For the record, I'm teasing and basically apologizing for sticking my nose in your business.

I get it, with two working parents.

But as was said elsewhere, Pong is just the worst person ever.

Sadly, it's also the first time Krawlie has ever been right about anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.