Hey, guyz. 'Sup?

Chalcedony

• 3 weeks later...

wtf, when did y'all move back to Phoenix??

Oh, and hey!

Ok people. Please pop into Nightly to at least keep us all up to date with the major goings on in your lives. I want to know if any of the following change: your marital status, your number of children, your area code, etc.

Ok people. Please pop into Nightly to at least keep us all up to date with the major goings on in your lives. I want to know if any of the following change: your marital status, your number of children, your area code, etc.

Um, I got some new boots? Oh and a new dog after the last one died on Memorial Day. Everything else is the same: same house, same job, same cars. *sigh* It's the longest I've ever been in a job though (8 years). I would've left but they gave me a promotion and raise last year. That's wearing thin, though...

I'm living in Phoenix now, Paradise Valley to be specific. I'm staying with a friend in her apartment but will be moving to my own place tomorrow. I like this area and was lucky to get an apartment fairly quickly that I can actually afford, AND which is pet friendly. That's one of the main reasons why I moved here: there are way more cat-friendly rentals here than in Prescott, where hardly anyone allows pets of any kind other than service dogs. (Tough luck if you have a service monkey, I guess.)

The other reason is that there are more jobs here. I managed to get some seasonal work at the Honeybaked Ham Cafe within a couple of weeks of moving here. It isn't much, but it's still more than what I could get in Prescott. Once I get set up with Internet service, I'm going to start applying for freelance illustration jobs and art commissions. I can do pet portraits, too, if anyone is interested! Here is Howie, a Boston terrier:

I sketched him on paper first, then mucked about with different brushes, colors, and settings in Photoshop until I liked how he looked. I wanted some color but also wanted to keep the hand-drawn sketchy look.

It's going to cost $80 to turn on the electricity, but I still owe $102 on the bill from my previous place (overdue because of crappy circumstances and no money). I don't have enough money to pay both, but they won't turn on the power at the new place until I pay off that overdue bill! I swear, every time I get close to accomplishing something, there's always something else in the way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.