Hey, guyz. 'Sup?

Chalcedony

I'm staying at a women's shelter, so computer access is limited. Long story short, it's either this place or being homeless. But I'm scheduled to be out by the 15th, one way or another, because I can't stand it here. I've met some nice people, but I need my own space ASAP. Gonna have at least one job lined up and a couple of big art commissions, and will find another job by the time I have moved into Phoenix. I do have some money saved up for that. I'll have to find someone to room with for a week or two until I get my own place--I'm currently networking to get that sorted out.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop by to say hello and let everyone know that I haven't actually dropped off the face of the Earth. So, how's your day going? :flirt:

Destiny, I'm still considering either Seattle or Portland, but my immediate goal is to get to Phoenix in the next couple of weeks and then go from there. I doubt very much that I'll stay there permanently, as it's bloody HOT there in the summer. But it has much better job opportunities and a lot more pet-friendly rentals than the city I'm in now.

And speaking of that, my two cats are still in a temporary shelter. They must be out in a couple of weeks, which makes it even more imperative that I get my own place ASAP. I miss them SO MUCH, and I hope they haven't forgotten me. :(

Copper, I had forgotten about your mug! Is it blue and green? I think I still have pictures of it somewhere. I NEED to get back into pottery soon. I miss it a lot.

Hi, Ms. Spam! The shelter is okay, it beats living under a bridge, but there is no privacy and little freedom. It's meant as a shelter for female victims of domestic violence, alcoholism, or drug addiction, so there are some sketchy people here from time to time--including some of those who run the place. But I've also met some really nice women, and I hope we can keep in contact after I leave here.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Hey Chalc, I have a friend who was unemployed and recently got hired in Phoenix at PetSmart corporate center doing this job. Not the most glamorous, highest pay, and it's part time, but they are hiring a lot of folks right now, pay bonuses, and I think they start at $11/hr, and after 90 days, goes up to $12:

http://jobs.petsmart.com/phoenix/operations_services/part-time-services-reservation-agent-jobs

Geez! What series of unfortunate events lead to this?? It's good at least that you have a solid plan. I've seen some people down on their luck just plain give up for awhile. Glad that doesn't seem to be you.

As for the cats, I'm sure they are happy and healthy and waiting for you to come and get them. They definitely haven't forgotten you. Cats remember everything... for revenge purposes you see.

Thanks, Chalupa! I'd be good in a pet store--except I'd want to take all the critters home and love them and feed them and name them George.

Yeah, David, I'm trying my best to get what I can from this place. Let me just say that I now understand why a lot of homeless people prefer sleeping on the streets to living in a shelter. :p

TR, it's more like a series of poor decisions and a bout of really bad depression. I tried rooming with someone (who turned out to be EXTREMELY bipolar), but it didn't work out, and I moved into a shelter rather than be homeless. And yes, I'm quite sure my cats are plotting revenge even now.

Anyone got a room in Phoenix I could stay in for a couple of weeks? I can do housework, yard work, pet sitting, cooking, and body disposal in exchange for a place to lay my head at night.

HEYOOOOH!!! Arrived in Phoenix yesterday and checked into Kreepy Kal's Kwik-n-Krappy Hotel and Pawn Emporium for the night. Just kidding, it's an Econolodge, and it's decent for fitty bucks a night. They have a computer in the lobby, so I was able to get online. Checking out soon, gonna take a bus to my friend's house, and will stay with her a night or two while I get an apartment. Rents are WAY more reasonable here than in Prescott, and many places are pet-friendly.

Gotta run, will post when I can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.