2014-15 NBA Regular Season.

Ms. Spam

• 3 weeks later...

Watching 6 play tonight was alarming. He is just sitting there on the court waiting for his teammates to do something. And they can't deliver. Not saying he needs to do everything, but he needs to lead by example. People seem to forget that the Heat were a playoff team when 6 got there. The Cavs were terrible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Goran Dragic wants out of Phoenix and requests trade

If this is true...**** YOU, DRAGIC! So sick of this ****. Before the season, he actually said in an interview that he planned to re-sign with the Suns. Then it was "weigh my options" and now, two days before the ****ing deadline, you ask for a trade - and severely **** the Suns in the process. He lobbied for Bledsoe to be re-signed. He claimed to be on-board with the Thomas acquisition - and even if he's since changed his mind, the Suns were seemingly working on getting rid of Thomas.

Yet, I'm seeing crap like "Dragic's camp considers the perceived breach of trust to be irrevocable". Um, yeah. Seems there was a breach of trust, alright. The Suns have been pretty clear about their plans - even publicly - and Dragic's story has continued to change greatly in just a few short months. The team seemed to be focusing on trying to make another leap forward, rather than just mortgage the future on trying to lock up a mostly meaningless 8th seed. Now, what was supposed to be a key part of that team that was going to leap forward is not only jumping ship, but done so in a way that makes it likely the Suns won't get a fair return to try and salvage that future with. Thanks, Dragon. Stay classy, dick.

Dragic has a contract, its coming to an end. He has a right to leave at the end of the deal. He's told the Suns he won't re-sign there, which is a courtesy. He could simply keep quiet and leave giving them no chance to get anything for him. He's told the Suns and other teams the few teams he would consider re-signing with this summer. Another courtesy.

I just don't see what he's doing wrong. He's at a point in his career where he's earned the right to go play wherever he wants. Good for him.

Also, as a Knick fan, I'd rather the Knicks don't get this guy. I don't think they can get him now anyway, but even this offseason when he is a FA. It will likely take max money to sign him and he's not a max player in my opinion. I'd rather they spread their cash around a little more. There are alot of good FAs this summer.

On the other had, with the new TV deals there are thoughts the salary cap could go up to like 90 mil in a year or so. Which would be like 25 mil more than it currently is. Which would make pretty much all contracts signed under the current CBA better values. If I had assurances that the cap would go that high I'd probably be more than ok with signing Dragic to a max deal.

Dragic is looking out for Dragic. Period. That's his right, don't get me wrong. If he wants to handle it this way, it's his choice. It's just not a way I respect much, nor one I had expected from him. In no way, however, is there "courtesy" going on here. By leaking his intent to leave and then also leaking the teams he wants to go to, he's undermined the Suns' position. Teams now know that the Suns either must trade him or watch him walk. Meanwhile, many teams won't make offers, figuring he won't stay there, either. The few teams that will make offers will likely lowball the Suns. Not much courtesy there.

I'm not saying the Suns are blameless. Rarely are these things 100% one side or the other. However, we're now hearing how Dragic isn't happy because he wants to run the show - again, I go back to his rather vocal support of bringing Bledsoe back. He knew it was not going to be a solo act. Granted, the Thomas signing made things slightly murkier, but at the time, it was in no way certain they'd have Bledsoe. It was also simply a way to improve the overall talent for a reasonable cost. Had a comparable frontcourt player been available and willing to sign, I'm sure they would've rather done that. There simply wasn't.

And Thomas' signing is overblown, when it comes to this situation. Dragic is only playing about a minute and a half less per game than he did last year and nearly the exact same amount as he did the previous year. The strategy isn't all that different than last year's, either, which he seemingly loved. Thomas is only playing 25.7 minutes per game - and most of that is spent filling in for either Dragic or Bledsoe when they're on the bench. The "three-headed point guard" is actually only used sporadically, it's not the norm. Yes, since Dragic came back, the Suns have acquired other guards besides Bledsoe and Thomas. I don't understand them all (the drafting of Ennis, in particular), however none of those players has had any impact on Dragic's playing time. They're all simply for depth, development, or moveable assets. The team has also basically admitted that signing Thomas was a mistake and seemed intent on correcting that. All of these things combined are why this whole "I don't trust them" and "broken promises" crap seems like a frickin' contrived excuse to me.

(As for Thomas' unhappiness, see the part above about his 25.7 minutes a night. He signed with full knowledge that if Bledsoe came back, it would be Dragic & Bledsoe starting. He signed to be a backup and claimed he was happy just doing his part - and then just a month into the season, began publicly b*tching about wanting to be a starter. W.T.F.)

Yeah, big news out here. This really sucks.

He was one of the hardest playing guys ever, and one of those guys you always appreciated as a basketball fan. He could have easily averaged several more points per game and retired with more impressive stats had he demanded they run a play for him more than once every six months -- but he totally owned his role as sparkplug and kamikaze defender 'cause it was what generated wins for the team. Not the best player, just one of those guys you definitely want on your team.

Bigtime bummer to lose him. And if he died from a post-operation infection or something that was totally avoidable... oh man. Just so sad :(

I agree. And, though I've never really considered myself a true Blazers fan, I have to say how much I loved that starting lineup back then: him, Buck, Glide, and TP. Well, alright, 80% of that starting lineup. At least the remaining part allowed my dad to go around saying his favorite sports-related joke: "What's a Duckworth? Not much!". *rimshot*

*sigh* I'd like to think that maybe Dad's up there telling Jerome that very joke right about now. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.