60-year-old Italian coal miner spent 35 years not going to work.

monkeygirl

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/22/proud-to-be-a-coal-miner-fraudster.html

Carlo Cani spent 35 years fabricating every excuse in the book to avoid a proper day’s work. Italy’s workplace laws helped him grandly cheat the system.

Last weekend, he confessed to a local newspaper in Sardinia the relative ease with which he legally bilked his company and the Italian government for his salary, benefits, and, now, a generous state pension.

Like, what would have been helpful information to me: is the work paid by the hour, or is it a fixed yearly salary? If it were the latter, that would make it easier to be guaranteed your contracted pay if you didn't show up. I'm just saying, I'm a guy sending out paychecks, and I gotta write one for Mr. Carlo Cani who hasn't showed up this week, let alone the past fifteen years....how the hell do I figure out what to pay him? I don't mean I don't believe it. The article comes from a reliable source. I just need more information.

That's what is frustrating is that we can't even bank unused time from year to year. It's like, the company is so stingy to not even allow one illness per calendar quarter. You think they'd at least let you accrue time (or partial time) for those times when you have devastating, legitimate illness that takes you out for a week+.

Unfortunately my company doesn't have a real presence in Maine.

I get 50 days a year for sick leave, 10 vacation days and 3 personal days. Plus paid time for doctors appointments, funerals and stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.