Help me pick a movie to buy / watch

Evolence

I'm sort of behind on comic book / superhero movies of late so I submit these for quick critique:

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past

2. Guardians of the Galaxy (not technically released yet for home viewing)

3. Transformers: Age of Extinction (really? no...REALLY?)

4. Amazing Spider Man 1 & 2 (I didn't even know these were a thing until recently...Better or worse than the non-amazing Spiderman films?)

Guest El Chalupacabra

Echo seth's thoughts.

Guardians my favorite movie of the year, but I did just view the new x-men a couple days ago and was really impressed. Probably the best x-men yet, which says a lot.

+1

The Transformers movies are Michael Bey movies, and if you see one, you've seen them all. All the Transformer movies simply exist as 2 hour extended commercials for kids to buy Transformer toys. But then again, I suppose the cartoons I grew up on were basically the same thing.

While I think the Garfield kid is a better Peter Parker, and whomever the girl is who plays Gwen Stacy is does a better job than Kirsten Dunst, the movies themselves are no better or no worse than the Sam Raimi films. If you haven't seen the rebooted Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2 movies, they are worth a viewing on netflix or redbox, but don't go out and buy them.

Really, I personally never got over the fact they decided to reboot the series. Spiderman 3 was the worst of the lot, but wasn't so bad that a reboot was needed. I could have lived with a recast of Toby M, even with Garfield, in the same way they have done with James Bond, if it continued the story of the Raimi films.

The Bayformers make shitty toys, btw. They are fragile and have r-tarded joints, also those dumb Bayformer designs. If anyone is buying little kids Transformers then just go with the cartoony Rescue Bots. They look closer to the designs we grew up with so you can identify the characters although they are made for little kids so the articulation is nil.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.