Halloween

Burt

I don't know really...I need to still decide on a costume that isn't too expensive as I'm pretty close to broke. I'd like to something involving face paint as I've never painted my face before and think it would be fun. I sort of like some of the Day of the Dead stuff I've seen.

"What are you all going as"

THIS has to be the most ****ed-up phrase EVAR in the English language.

Could you imagine being like Taiwanese and just learning the English language and stumbling across THIS? Every 5 year-old HERE gets it...

ALSO: I'ma be AMISH this year and hand out cigarettes and those airline size bottles of liquor.

Hair dye!

I want to do this with Ethan next year. OMG so cute.

Quinn is going to be Minnie Mouse or Tigger (depends on what I can wrangle her into that day) and Ethan is going to be Mickey Mouse.

We might bust out Phantom of the Opera and Christine again. It's easy and we already have it.

You should totally do that but with helium. Get him airborne a little! Maybe use a safety lead of some kind, and dress him like a ghost. Jealous

ALSO-I'd like everyone to start slapping the **** out of everyone who mispronounces the day's name as HOLLOWeen.

Thanks.

I've never heard that.

You've never heard anyone call it Holloween? You're lucky.

You've heard people say Nuh VOD uh instead of Nu VAD uh, though, right? And OM bee AWNCE instead of AM bee ence?

No, it isn't, not in the United States. Do you refer to the music as AWNbeeAWNT or AMbeeEnt?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/ambience

It's probably getting to the point at which dictionaries will list AWM bee AWNCE as an alt pro just because so many people mangle it-like the color mauve (which is MOV, but too many mis-pronounce it MAWve), but it's definitely AMbee-ence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.