What is the deal with....

monkeygirl

Every planet in space has either multiple suns or moons or rings and different colored sky or all of the above and definitely only one climate planet wide.

Or when you're on a planet and there's another ringed planet in the sky. Planets can't be so close together!

And why does their video look like ****? Is it the cameras or the lighting?

http://ask.metafilter.com/63462/Why-do-British-television-programs-look-different-than-American-programs

Every planet in space has either multiple suns or moons or rings and different colored sky or all of the above and definitely only one climate planet wide.

Or when you're on a planet and there's another ringed planet in the sky. Planets can't be so close together!

Sure they can. Jupiter looks like a monster from Io's surface.

What else can you visually see as dangerous that is both a practical and safe on-set? Steam and wind is all I can think of.

MUST there be a visual component to every broken engine? I snapped a timimg belt in my Prelude and there was no visual evidence of any malfunction. I'd expect even fewer engine malfunctions in spacecraft to give a visual cue than a 2014 combustion engine. Isn't a scene with people running around panicked or perhaps talking about the malfunction enough to convey a problem?

ALSO: on flashbacks-they always have that unscrambled cable pr0n look to them.

I would actually expect a spaceship to be designed so that problems WERE immediately apparent visually, so they could be fixed faster.

I seem to recall there not being any steam in the Millennium Falcon while Han was down in that crawspace trying to fix the hyperdrive, even though they were taking laser hits left and right.

How 'bout that big glowy engine rod thingy that's in every episode of Star Trek ever?

The ship only explodes after the hero inside has delivered their heartfelt musings on life, the universe, and how incredible that blowjob from their love interest was over the inevitably still-functional intercom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.