The Walking Dead Season 5

Lucas1138

Carl was awesome in this episode.

Agreed.

Was not a fan of all that "CHILD IN PERIL!" plot-filler crap in season 2, but I must be in the minority: have never disliked Carl, and in the last season or two, have actually started to really like him. His interactions with Michonne, in particular, are kinda touching in a depressing, post-apocalyptic kinda way.

:shrug:

Guest El Chalupacabra

Carl was awesome in this episode.

Agreed.

Was not a fan of all that "CHILD IN PERIL!" plot-filler crap in season 2, but I must be in the minority: have never disliked Carl, and in the last season or two, have actually started to really like him. His interactions with Michonne, in particular, are kinda touching in a depressing, post-apocalyptic kinda way.

:shrug:

The only time I disliked Carl was the "I don't need you/go ahead and die" speech to a passed out Rick from season 4.

Rest of the time, he seemed fairly likeable to me.

The only time I disliked Carl was the "I don't need you/go ahead and die" speech to a passed out Rick from season 4.

Yeah, not a flattering moment, for sure.

I disliked the character at that moment, but thought it was pretty cool to allow that kind of irrational, young adult angst shine through.

Guest El Chalupacabra

True, kids have their good moments and bad, so that is probably a realistic to see an unflattering moment like that.

But I still don't have to like it!

I'd be upset to lose Carl. Character development-wise, it is fascinating to see someone grow up during a zombie apocalypse. There's still plenty that could be done with that character.

I'd also be pissed to lose Carol because she might be the most compelling character on the show; one of the few that has sustained *gasp* actual character growth!

Would prefer not to lose Rick or Daryl. But pretty much anyone else is fair game for me.

Rick and Glenn have shown character growth.

Rick is more brutal and pragmatic now, and struggles with his own sanity, where as before he would try to win paragon points by being a level-headed nice guy, while putting strain on the groups survival.

Glenn is assertive, and capable enough to take care of himself and his wife and do what needs to be done, where as before he was naive and a bit of a coward.

Maggie has shown no growth and is just there because bewbs.

Considering that the CDC finale of season 1 was hated by all, and Eugene coped to his lie in the comics awhile back, I don't know that it was ever a storyline that would play out. But yeah.

It was clearly Abraham's episode, and a great one, but the guy paying Eugene did a pretty amazing job.

Feel the same way, Lucas.

Firehose was fun, and pervy Eugene was sufficiently pervy... but I finally lost all interest in Abraham two episodes ago, and Eugene's lack of knowledge hadn't been in question for a long while.

Not a bad episode at all, just major events happening too late for me to get super engaged. Now that the secret is out, though, I'm hooked back in and gotta see how it plays out.

:eek:

The thing that I didn't get was that he was hooking up with that chick. I mean I know it's the end of the world but the Ginger Army Nut with a Handlebar Moustache can't be your bed-fellow of choice. I mean there's better looking Zombies...

Anyway seeing as Abraham no longer has any purpose in life he can now go back on tour with Metallica.

The thing that I didn't get was that he was hooking up with that chick. I mean I know it's the end of the world but the Ginger Army Nut with a Handlebar Moustache can't be your bed-fellow of choice. I mean there's better looking Zombies...

True, true.

I am kind of bothered by my reaction to Abraham. I really try not to judge the value of characters based on appearance, personality, etc. but on how well they are drawn and what they add to the story. I feel Michael Cudlitz (like many cast members of TWD) has done a superb job of just completely diving into his character, and the "Wesa goin' to D.C." angle was interesting even if it went on a bit too long. I should love Abraham. But the dude is comprised of so many things I hate in a person: he's big and dumb and apparently fine with it; he's noisy, close-minded, bossy, and stubborn. And that goddamned mustache.

I honestly think I might like him better as a villain, because then I could at least justify my antipathy toward him! Again, this has nothing to do with what I perceive as "bad" acting or writing. It's just my reaction to the character.

For the most part enjoyed last night's episode, but there were a couple of truly terrible -- laughable, really -- scenes.

• The camera angle and Carol boneheadedly letting go of her gun made it obvious someone was waiting on the other side of the door. It was only a question of walker vs. bad person. She's transformed and become one of the most aware and prepared characters on the show. Was not only a clumsy, super telegraphed move, but pretty hard to swallow (and on a show about the zombocalypse, that's saying something)!
  • Carol getting hit by the car was laughable. Literally (I literally said "Whaaat?"). At first, I thought my eyes were lying and some random walker had stumbled in the frame and been run over, because no person with functional eyes or ears is going to be slow or silly enough to get hit by one of the only functioning cars in the city -- let alone cautious Carol.

Gripes aside, I was entertained, and much enjoyed the Walker Rain after Carol and Daryl's fall off the bridge. It was one of those scenes that is fun... and made even funner because you know the people who put it together must have just had a total blast.

I thought it was great-- Love how Carol (and somebody said this on another page) is basically doing what Andrea did in the comics. Started off as annoying and helpless and turned into a badass.

The only part I didn't like, because it was laughably bad was:

"You came from the hospital? Did they have a blonde girl?"

"You mean Beth!?"

Beth must be the only blonde ever.

I read other comments that suggest Carol purposely got hit by the car to gain access to the hospital? :shrug:

Would you let a car hit you (after being injured in the van drop) just to infiltrate a location? She's Carol, not Rambo.

So, Daryl and Carol share a bed....and DONT do the deed? My god, the sexual tension; clearly the writers want to torture us. They know 90% of the viewers want them to shack up.

I expect the tension to build to the point of er--explosion, but in typcial Walking Dead pattern, something tragic will happen just as they declare their love for each other. Get ready for another 10 minute Daryl cry session making the discovery of Merle look like he had the sniffles! :yes:

Eh, I like that they have a certain chemistry, a certain tension, yet they don't actually hump or obsess about it regularly.

Also agreed about Carol Rambo: I think Carol getting hit by the car was just a cheap move to get them into the hospital. As much as I think this season has been three steps forward overall, there's still plenty of inexplicable/dumb stuff to discuss!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.