Turkey = Mexico

Ms. Spam

So sayeth a World History class I had to sub in for 45 minutes today (the teacher I work with had a wreck in her car during lunch and couldn't make it back in time for the period I subbed).

She was doing current events and some kid made a presentation where he had a few key points I thought were pretty interesting.

A. They are useless allies that do very little to nothing to be our allies. They provide bases or some sort of communication between their governments and the US but really just want our business and our money.

B. Illegal items flow freely across their borders - humans, guns, drugs and they show almost an ineffectual policing in the areas where crime is at its height.

C. Both are struggling to present themselves as something more than a third world country as they participate in NAFTA for Mexico and Turkey trying to become a member of the European Union and is a member of NATO.

D. They are key conduits between two land masses - Mexico is part of the Kings Highway that connects South America with the North American promised land and Turkey a refugee route for people escaping persecution in the Middle East and other countries further East.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.