Twin Peaks returning to Showtime in 2016

Guest El Chalupacabra

Every time I see that godamned couch moment I crap myself. Somebody made it into a gif and it is just horrific.

I love the show, it was funny mysterious and weird. Anything could happen but it all seemed fairly normal whilst it did. True characters were so relatable and human that you could understand why they reacted the way they did.

I do think Lynch often pushes it too far though. Once you push past the relatable you start to alienate people. If they had kept the odd level as it was it would have been fine. I think some parts of season 2 pushed it too far, then it swung back as the network tried to steady the shop but they went too far.

I couldn't quite get into the movie either. Again it was just a bit too much, much more gratuitous than the show was. The show was quite subtle about how weird it was, it never shoved it in your fsce.

Holy shit you guys. This show.

Next time somebody tells you that they're iffy about season 1, just assure them that the first half of season 2 is SO MUCH BETTER!! Holy crap! While I didn't really care much for solving Laura's murder by the end of S1, I was on the edge of my damn seat even AFTER we knew who the killer was in S2. Even after Bob murders Maddy and I KNEW who he was and what was going on, I still was like OMG WHEN IS EVERYONE GOING TO FIND OUT!!

I'd appreciate a little update of some details though. They were kinda vague about whether Bob molested Leland as a child. Today they wouldn't have hinted around it if that's what he meant.

• 1 month later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, with all this confusion, I really stopped caring. If it does ever happen, then bonus. Otherwise, meh.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

BUMP!

In two weeks: It is happening again.

There's been some great teasing by Showtime. But no new footage until now. This is the perfect tease. Other than this, still nothing is known about the new series (unless you have the "The Secret History of Twin Peaks novel):

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.