London Calling

Driver

Soho has all of those in the one little part of town. You'll probably be spending time in soho too if your trip is film related as there are loads of production houses in the neighbourhood. It's one of my favorite neighbourhoods.. Lots of pubs and bars, some of them are on the seedier side of life but unfortunately the area is being gentrified thanks to the Tories. Thus destroying what made the neighbourhood fun and a popular attraction in the first place. There is a shop called Gosh! Comics on Berwick St in soho that you'd like.

Halloween is not a huge thing in the UK, although it's becoming more popular. Lots of bars and pubs are starting to do Halloween parties and the like so if you wanna get drunk with slutty girls dressed as nurses or vampires and zombies and stuff you probably could.

seriously, Soho's your hood. There are loads of great places to eat there too. Honest Burger on Mered St, and for great seasonal British style food No.10 Greek St is off the hook. (Yes there is some native British food that is really nice).

Be prepared to get a little lost though cause the streets are maze like and narrow and cobwebbed in design. Thank the Romans for that.

It's cool!

Oh there is a shop called Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue (which is walking distance from both Soho and Covent Garden) that's basically geek merch shop. From Star Wars figures, statues and busts to comics, cartoon merch, movie props etc. Good place to nerd out in or get gifts for people who like such things.

It's becoming more popular. Mostly cause England is THE country of alcoholics. Any excuse for a party at the pub and they'll take it. So Halloween is kind of awesome, cause you get to party in disguise...you get away with a little more.

It's cool!

Oh there is a shop called Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue (which is walking distance from both Soho and Covent Garden) that's basically geek merch shop. From Star Wars figures, statues and busts to comics, cartoon merch, movie props etc. Good place to nerd out in or get gifts for people who like such things.

I've seen videos. That place looks amazing!

Guest El Chalupacabra

If you don't take a picture of yourself walking across Abbey Road while you are over there, you are lame, Driver.

I live there!

Rule Number One: Watch out for the Poppins.

Camden Market/High Street is a place I think you'd probably enjoy. It's sounds a bit cliche but there's a lot of alternative/weird stuff there (well, weird to me anyway!). They're also having a big Halloween event on Nov 1st, loads of bands etc http://nightmarecamden.com. As Odine said there's not massive amounts of halloween events that go on, but I bet there will be a couple near to wherever you're staying if you have a look.

Right now there's a big thing on at the Tower of London with hundreds of thousands of Poppies spilling out of the Tower into the moat. One for every person that died fighting in World War One. It looks amazing, they add more every few days up until Nov 11 (Armistice Day), and it's quite profound too when you realise what it is you're looking at.

Take a walk along the South Bank from Westminster to Tower Bridge. It's a couple of miles but there's always something going on, especially on weekends. There's lots of restraunts as well as the South Bank with the BFI and Tate Modern etc.

Forbidden Planet is a good shout too. I could spend ridiculous amounts of money in there. They often have signings with sci-fi authors and other events so check out their site before you arrive! There's a few random shops between there and Covent Garden in an area called Seven Dials which are cool. As Odine says Soho has pretty much everything you want or could be interested in.

If you want some downtime The Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square is a good alternative cinema, showing new releases, movie marathons and just random films every now and again.

I haven't been back in, goodness, twenty years so my info is probably out of date.

A less touristy, interesting cultural note; Burgers in Britain taste different than burgers in America, probably a different grind meat/fat ratio. That doesn't mean bad, just different, silly I guess but meatier.

I hate the Beatles, sooooo not happening.

You are obviously insane for having opinions. We're done professionally.

I'm so starting rumors on Twitter that you are meeting to discuss Episode VIII. Well, if I ever tweeted I would.

Welp, it's on. I'm going.

I am NOT going to work on Star Wars though... but the movie I am working on IS shooting at Pinewood. I'm kind of freaking out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.