Once Upon a Time Season 4

Good God a Bear

Haven't seen it yet. I'm not a big fan of Frozen, mostly because it's heralded as the first [fill in the blank] when it isn't. I like Olaf a lot, but otherwise it's just okay. What I do love about Frozen however is seeing my kids sing along to it, so for easy lyrics and being fun to sing with the film has big points there.

I want to see Tiana and her Frog Prince. I think that is another great opportunity for Rumbelle to explore. Not a love triangle, because while they work great when they work they are hard to develop with out feeling forced. I just think fun could be had with Tiana. Plus there is a singing crocodile in her story, I can imagine a great scene happening with Rumple there.

Also waiting on Maleficent to return, she has been jipped big time.

Just watched it. The FX in this show has never been great, this episode was glaring in that respect. The show seems to work best in tight shots and using as much practical work as possible, whenever they try a beauty shot it always looks as fake as three tits. Story wise this was definitely crowded, but I think SD is right it'll all pay off down the line.

But Mulan's story wasn't about true love. It's comparing apples to Volkswagens in that respect.

Frozen wasn't the first Disney movie to star a strong, independent female lead. That's very true. But it did redefine the concept of "true love" in a Disney Princess story.

But they don't call it "true love". They call it "honor". Children aren't going to analyze the story like we do. They mostly take it at face value. As far as Disney has ever educated them, true love is romantic love and familial love is honor/duty/loyalty or just plain ol' love.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I don't know. I was mainly responding to the first 2 episodes this season.

Far and away their most popular characters are Regina, Rumple, and Hook. All three characters are well rounded with flaws and selfish moments. Dubious intentions and ambiguous morals. But no other single character comes even remotely close to this level of complexity. I blame the writing. I've seen these actors in other roles, they're not bad, and you can just see them struggle to make the dialogue real, but I feel they've been tasked with the impossible.

[avoiding spoilers] In regards to that one person who recognized Emma, pretty certain we're going to get a flashback to Emma's adventures in the Enchanted Forest from last season. Also I think we'll find out that the other person who had a falling out with another person was because of yet another person and so all of this will mean that a certain someone needs to be careful how they tread because yeah... there's potential waiting and they could ruin it if they regress.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.