The Simpsons Guy

RamonAtila

Watched the Family Guy-Simpsons crossover tonight. I really loved it. Surprised how much Marge's conservatism came out in this episode, thought the segments with the children were brilliant. I was a little disappointed at Brian for constantly referencing they were in a crossover show in such an insecure way. I get it! I get the reality of this episode, stop distracting me while I'm having fun! I thought it'd be Stewie that would disappoint but I really loved him in this.

Every character's soul came through in this one, I think. As for Homer and Peter? They had so much in common...but it was the little things that showed you what their true differences were. Ex: the part where they're fighting and momentarily pause to stare eachother down. Finally the tension is broken when Homer makes a silly face. Peter is very annoyed by this and he shakes his head, as he screams out loud and attacks Homer again.

Homer could've delivered so much more, but I suppose it was Peter's show.

What do you guys think?

I agree. The Griffins are way out there in terms of dysfunction. It was very glaring with both families on the same screen together. I don't find the Griffins funny at all (well, Stewie can have moments) and don't watch the show beyond the couple I've run into on TV.

I only watched it to see how many Simpsons gags and characters they'd shoehorn in.

loved the crossover. i've always enjoyed the simpsons, but i love family guy. i think the part where griffins were getting ready to leave(before the chicken fight) summed it up pretty well, with the simpsons essentially thinking the griffins were effing nuts. marge jabbing lois at the end telling her to wear a bra once in a while, bart looking at stewie like he's a lunatic kidnapping all those people and lisa mortified at megs name carving in her arm.

really well done, i thought.

I laughed at a grand total of two points :

1) Family Guy goading Homer into setting up the cutaway gag at the dinner table

2) when Family Guy and Homer were re-drawn in the style of each other's shows

Everything else was ... not good. The Don Hertzfeld couch opening for The Simpsons premiere was amazing though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.