Avengers 3/4(!)

Filthy Jawa

I never made it through Civil War except for the coupla Punisher issues either. so no idea. But apart from Frank and Cap I mostly go for the cosmic stuff. Musta been about one dozen ghost Mar-vells, two dozen in-the hero´s mind, three dozen alternate universe ones, especially the evil Cancerverse version and four dozen flashbacks. But can´t recall the real one ever showing up again. That would be one return I could never accept actually, death by cancer sticks unlike the play-deaths everywhere else, that makes sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ben Parker

Thomas and Martha Wayne

the ONLY people in comics that haven't been resurrected.

Since this became a topic over a lot of beer:

Maria, Frank Jr and whosshername Castle haven´t been brought back yet, have they? Frank himself has died THREE times though... one suicide, one cut to pieces by Jaken and one succumbing to a few dozen gunshot wounds from Kingpin´s hemnchmen. (Last one, in Punisher MAX, might be counted as non-canon I guess, a bunch of characters are killed off with no reprecussions in other series - Bullseye, Elektra, Kingpin...)

For us Euros, quite a lot of major 2000AD characters have stayed dead. Judge Child, Judge Cal, all of the Angel gang except Mean Machine... when Dredd kills you, you stay dead. (Unless you´re one of the Dark Judges who already ARE dead.) Nemesis the Warlock and Torquemada have stayed dead as well. Couple of ABC Warriors have returned like Steelhorn and Happy Shrapnel but rebuilding a robot makes more sense. Only major copout is Strontium Dog/Johnny Alpha being retconned.

• 5 months later...

Owen Reece/Molecule Man would be a good fit for Freeman. Civil War needs a real villian and he´s powerful enough to warrant a truckload of heroes.

That said, I prefer the idea of sticking Red Skull as the real villian of the story. It worked in the comics and with Crossbones in the movie it makes sense that his boss should be around as well. End it with Steve shot on the staircase, throw Bucky in as Cap for a while and then let him come back with the Reborn storyline and Skull´s comeuppance. Yeah I know, they don´t care much about the comics and left Skull´s part out of the Winter Soldier storyline but anyway.

Freeman is way too old for what they've said they want to do with Spider-Man. They've already got a (reported) final 5, and they look about the age of Freeman - combined.

Rumors I've read say he could be the Avengers government liaison Henry Gyrich. I can see it!

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.