Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got round to watching the last three episodes last night.

I have to say I was blown away by the ending. It is the most Star Warsy thing I've seen in ages. The space battles and the lightsaber fights, the tension and meaningful Drama was so well done. I was literally speechless afterward and just amazed with how good it was!!

And the reveal (shoehorn) of Ahsoka as Fulcrum was so cool. I was convinced Fulcrum was Bail Organa and when he was shown as a holo I thought it confirmed. But when she arrived I was ecstatic. All grown up!!

I had chills when Vader arrived too.

Brilliant. Can't wait for next season and will probably buy the bluray :)

Guest El Chalupacabra

Dave Feloni totally trolled Disney. He gave them a new show, but was really just getting in the door so he could pick up all the Clone Wars ideas he had. Kudos, Dave Feloni...

I'm sure he's a busy dude, but they should give him one of the anthology movies.

Agreed. Dave is awesome. I ran into him on the exhibit floor and shook his hand. Super nice guy.

I'm kinda wishing they gave him Ep 7-9, too, if only to tie everything together.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Dave Feloni totally trolled Disney. He gave them a new show, but was really just getting in the door so he could pick up all the Clone Wars ideas he had. Kudos, Dave Feloni...

I'm sure he's a busy dude, but they should give him one of the anthology movies.

Agreed. Dave is awesome. I ran into him on the exhibit floor and shook his hand. Super nice guy.

I'm kinda wishing they gave him Ep 7-9, too, if only to tie everything together.

As for season 2 on, I am wondering if they are going to give Vader an underling or two to be his fall guy, because if the rebels keep escaping or foiling Vader, it diminishes him as a threat.

I mean in TCW we have several villains with unresolved endings (IE Ventriss, Darth Maul, Hondo, Cad Bane, to name a few).

Guest El Chalupacabra

I wonder if the smaller inquisitor will be revealed as either Barriss Offee or Asajj Ventriss. For me, I want it to be Ventriss, but it makes more sense to be Barriss, considering the last time we saw her, she was off to Republic, now Imperial jail. Maybe the Emperor paroled her, on condition of hunting jedi...something she would be happy to do at this point. And it's not the first time she wore a mask, either. The question I have is, if the new inquisitor is Barriss, does she know Vader is Anakin?

• 2 weeks later...

The season two trailer shows a couple new Inquisitors. I'm hoping Vader and Tarkin are in small, bookending roles.

I would hope so. Don't they have an entire galaxy to terrorize rule? Focusing on a small group of inept rebels seems like micromanaging for the Number 2 and Number 3 leaders in the Empire (which one is which is up to you).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know. The animation style adapting Vader's look to the medium makes him seem kind of ... skinny ? I didn't really notice last time he showed up but here it didn't look like him to me. #notmyvader

Other comments/complaints :

- Why does Commander Sato have a Neimodian accent?

- Was Ahsoka lying?

- A-wings hurray!

1. Because he's supposed to be of Asian descent, I'm assuming.

2. Of course Ahsoka was lying. I can't believe people are actually debating this. Come on, internet.

I was super bummed about Maketh Tua's death. I was really hoping she would defect, and when that happened so early in the episode I knew she was a goner. Oh well, Tua, you tried.

The dogfighting was fantastic. I loved all the Kanan and Hera interactions. Vader...damn, he's scary.

I really need to write a blog post about how spoilery clips can ruin an episode's impact, though.

My only real complaint about the premiere/mini-movie/whatever it was was the scene with Vader taking on the entire squadron of A-Wings and the (capable of fighting back) transports. I know he was the best star pilot in the galaxy and all that, but that stretched "realism" a little far. Nobody's that good.

Otherwise yeah, I still think this show is great fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.