Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

Guest El Chalupacabra

So who else thinks Season 2 is going to introduce Darth Maul as an inquisitor? If the Filoni-verse is in fact canon, then Maul survived TPM and we have yet to see him actually die. The last we saw him was the Emperor torturing him, and telling him he had a use for Maul.

That could be a good fit for him, provided Sidious left him in any functional condition.

I'm excited for what the Rebels can offer now. The early appearances of Clone Wars characters felt like nods back to that show, but Ahsoka having such a prominent role lends hope to some deeper connectivity to the two.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Now that the first season and this show's characters have been established, I think Rebels will start to feel more like a continuation of TCW, than just a spiritual successor. I am sure main OT characters like Obi Wan, Leia, and Darth Vader will be used sparingly (especially Vader: if he gets his ass handed to him weekly by Kanan and crew, it would ruin him as a character), but I can totally see characters like Ahsoka, Maul, Tarkin, Ventriss, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, will all likely appear at some point in the future. Others that are Filoni-verse, like Cad Bane, Hondo, Aurra Sing, Mother Talsin (ghost), and whatever other Jedis survived are probably being considered as well. I would be surprised if he showed up, but I suppose there is even room for Starkiller making an appearance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave Feloni totally trolled Disney. He gave them a new show, but was really just getting in the door so he could pick up all the Clone Wars ideas he had. Kudos, Dave Feloni...

I'm sure he's a busy dude, but they should give him one of the anthology movies.

Dave Feloni totally trolled Disney. He gave them a new show, but was really just getting in the door so he could pick up all the Clone Wars ideas he had. Kudos, Dave Feloni...

I'm sure he's a busy dude, but they should give him one of the anthology movies.

Agreed. Dave is awesome. I ran into him on the exhibit floor and shook his hand. Super nice guy.

Sorry, for whatever reason I can't quote anything and it won't let me copy/paste into the text box. I'm on a crappy work laptop. But this is a reply to RC-

I read (totally forget where) that this is going to show the "maiden voyage" of the B-Wing and that's what we saw in the trailer. Pretty neat.

That sounds fun. I like X-Wings and B-wings because they have parts that open and close (plus, the B-wing spins around the cockpit, that's cool, that's what I like to see) and don't like Y-wings and A-wings because they don't have those opening-and-closing parts (are they called s-foils on all starfighters or just on X-wings and the ones from Return of the Sith too?) which are the parts that I like to see on my spaceships.

I HAVE SPACESHIP OPINIONS

Yeah it was rough. That's about as far as I got into it.

For me, it isn't so much that I don't like it as it is that I just don't enjoy binge watching it. This probably ties into the way it jumps between characters so much. Last time, I watched a few episodes over a few days, but then I got caught up with watching other things (in addition to work and such things). It's still on my list of shows to watch, though. Seeing so much of it seemingly popping up in Rebels, though, just reinforces that I need to catch up at some point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.