Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

As for the actual show overall I think it works well when its about the Empire fighting the early stages of the Rebellion. When it's basic, ya know the Rebels go on some mission, barely escape. That kind of thing is fun. When it gets too much about the The Force it just doesn't work. The Bendu is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in Star Wars.

The Bendu is the way out for Filoni to not kill Ezra and Kanan and at the same time, not make a liar out of Yoda.

I suppose, but he's still like a stupid, giant moose.

In reality, Yoda wouldn't be a liar even if Kanaan and Ezra survive. He wouldn't be a liar even if he knew the two survived. The giant are an Order, you can't become a Jedi by just being good in the Force, the Jedi have to make you a Jedi. Kanaan wasn't a Jedi, he was Padawan. Thusly he has no authority to make Ezra a Jedi. No matter how strong either are in The Force, neither is a Jedi.

You're speaking as if it's real. It's not. It's a story. And as such, it doesn't do its job.

It'd be like if you watched Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother leaves out the part about midnight.

Oh shut up you bitter old tart :-P

The Bendu is the way out for Filoni to not kill Ezra and Kanan and at the same time, not make a liar out of Yoda.

I suppose, but he's still like a stupid, giant moose.

In reality, Yoda wouldn't be a liar even if Kanaan and Ezra survive. He wouldn't be a liar even if he knew the two survived. The giant are an Order, you can't become a Jedi by just being good in the Force, the Jedi have to make you a Jedi. Kanaan wasn't a Jedi, he was Padawan. Thusly he has no authority to make Ezra a Jedi. No matter how strong either are in The Force, neither is a Jedi.

Actually Kanan was made a Jedi Knight by the Inquisitor when he visited the Jedi Temple on Lothal. Thus legitimising his status and that of his padawan learner.

As for the actual show overall I think it works well when its about the Empire fighting the early stages of the Rebellion. When it's basic, ya know the Rebels go on some mission, barely escape. That kind of thing is fun. When it gets too much about the The Force it just doesn't work. The Bendu is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in Star Wars.

Don't you diss the Bendu!

Yup, an Interdictor. Except the old EU version replicated the gravity well of a small planet, preventing hyperspace travel, whereas this Rebels version appears to cause a rubber-band effect on anything jumping. It may look great but I prefer the old EU version, it makes more sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.