Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

Guest El Chalupacabra

I see what you are saying, and where you are coming from. To me, a corner is something that can't be worked out. I think there is a lot of room still to work it out for Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka.

Kanan is blind, so no matter what, he is not ever going to beat Vader. So his going up against Vader directly, is basically suicide. It's better to serve the rebels on the down low, and out on the fringes. So I buy him not going up against Vader. Maybe he goes off into the sunset Obi Wan style.

As for Ezra, he seems powerful because he is starting down the dark side. I can see his story ending with him giving up the use of the force altogether, and just staying a rebel. Or maybe just coming to terms with his parents' death, and realizing he's been fighting for all the wrong reasons, and the best way for him to have peace in his life is to give up fighting altogether?

And we don't yet know if Ahsoka is alive. I am thinking she is, but maybe not. Maybe we see her again, but as a force ghost.

I'm not saying there's no way out-- I intentionally write myself into corners all the time force new ideas. But the deeper you get into said corner, the fewer options you have.

And much like The idea Padme was going to survive the PT, anyone going off into the sunset would be incredibly unsatisfying.

No doubt if she had survived, Filoni would have done that.... but would be too scared to kill her and it would make continuity more of a problem.

Leia remembers Padme via the Force. Just like Luke is obsessed with Anakin. My issues with ROTS are legion, but that was never one of them.

At the end of the last season I wondered if the status quo for the next season would be a lot like the later years of ReBoot (the younger protagonist grew into the role inhabited by the older one, each sort of lost their way for a while and struggled with the difficulties imposed by their new circumstances in ways they previousy hadn't, sorry if this is a sort of vague summary but I don't really remember too well what happened in that series, it was just an idle thought if maybe this time around Enzo = Ezra and Bob = Kanan, it's mostly just half-memories of them flying around the 'Net in a ship and for some reason everyone grew a beard, I think) and, hah hah, that's exactly what happened all the way down to the beard growth.

Other than that, well,

YAY THRAWN (can't imagine the sense of surprise I would have had about this if it wasn't for the nerd news sites; my habit of checking the nerd news sites diminished for me what could have been a moment of strange and untanticipated joy in this bleak and unforgiving universe but then again my habit of checking the nerd news sites also contributed in some small way to the financial success of same nerd news sites so it's all a wash, really, no great joy for me but then again some money in the pockets of the people behind the nerd news sites)

YAY HONDO OHNAKA ("Another successful adventure!")

YAY Y-WINGS (I assume they're not the actual factual Y-Wings we see in Star Wars (1977) no matter what they say on the show about getting them to General Dodonna's group, those Y-Wings are gonna be different Y-Wings, Thrawn's no fool, the computer cores on the Y-Wings are for sure compromised in some way with hidden tracer code sliced into their mainframes, the Y-Wings we saw on the show are gonna get blown up soon and a different set will be procured for Gold Squadron, alternatively, of course, Chopper and Sabine could just fix these Y-Wings and they could go on to get blown up in the movie, in any case, these Y-Wings are doomed, just like us, just like the characters on the show aren't, I disagree with the general tenor of the conversation, Ezra and Kanan could live all the way into and past the events of The Force Awakens (2015) for all I care)

Does this mean we're going to see Kenobi pop up in Rebels? Not sure I like that but I guess we'll have to see how they handle it.

I like that Maul's ship is a Kom'rk-class transport, makes me wonder if he had help fleeing Mandalore after his defeat. I also find myself wondering if his faction, along with painting their armour red and black, also painted their transports (since the Death Watch had blue highlights on theirs to match their blue armour), hence the colouration of his ship.

Also, this is the episode that finally made me realise I'm a proper ship geek when I watch Rebels.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Spoilers for Holocrons of Fate:

Maul knows Obi-Wan is alive! GIVE US OLD WOUNDS NOWWWWW.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

I would be surprised if they used that exact story line, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maul and Obi Wan have a showdown in a similar way, at some point. Also, maybe Obi Wan becomes injured in some way, where he is no longer a match for Vader, which explains why Obi Wan never went after him.

If what Driver and you say is true, and Ezra and Kanan must die, then so does Maul, to wrap up his story.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else kept up with this? Just saw the latest episode.

Kallus is the new Folcrum. Ironic because from the beginning I thought he looked like General Nadine. Nadine's backstory is that if an Imperial defector. I'm not saying I think Kallus is Nadine. I just wonder if the creators made him that way as sort of a nod to that character. Also, for awhile I thought the secret project was going to be having something to do with the Death Star. But it was just another Tie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.