Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

Didn't like the helicopter lightsabers or Ezra holding his own against Vader. I did like that they killed the inquisitors. But is that how every season is going to end? But what I find the oddest is seeing these lesser Jedi running around fighting for the Rebellion. Well then what's the point of Obi Wan and Yoda, the two best Jedi, hiding? They might as well just have joined the Rebels and probably could've helped end the war quicker.

Or Han is just crazy.

I'm still watching. Didn't like Season 2 as much as Season 1, but I am really looking forward to Season 3 (especially if those rumors are true that are going to piss so many people off). As far as I'm concerned, Ahsoka is dead and gone. I'm really sick of Dave Filoni's desire for ambiguity. :p

But...they showed her afterwards! It was definitely her walking way at the end! ;D

He also said something recently that is the ultimate cop out. They've been very clear that Ahsoka is NOT a Jedi. Belongs to the light side, uses the force-- but not a Jedi. Meaning She, Kanan, and Ezra could technically be alive during the OT but not mentioned by Yoda because they are technically not Jedi.

I'm more bothered that as heroes they wouldn't be in the fight.

Anyway-- I think Filoni does great work-- but he is scared to let people die. Even Maul was back. I'd have much rather seen Vader and Maul face off, and save Ahsoka for another time when they were ready to end things.

I love Ahoska, and that face off with Vader was so powerful-- I almost feel like the fact she lived made it not as strong as it could have been. (Though to my eye it looked like she fell when she was walking into the temple).

It appears to me that Ahsoka is still alive. I was expecting an unambiguous and dramatic death for her. You can't go up against Vader without a penalty or sacrifice of some kind. I was wondering how Vader killing Ahsoka would or should compare to Vader killing Kenobi. Kenobi's death was his choice (at least he stopped parrying Vader's attacks; could he have defeated Vader at all?) and was almost low key. There was a lot more going on when he died. It might be appropriate that Ahsoka dies at Vader's hand in similar circumstances for similar reasons. I think it should've happened here more explicitly (except perhaps for the empty clothes - Ahsoka wouldn't know that trick and Vader wouldn't be surprised when Kenobi does it if he had seen it before.) I'm disappointed with the ending, especially with the cutesy little owl-like bird at the end.

He also said something recently that is the ultimate cop out. They've been very clear that Ahsoka is NOT a Jedi. Belongs to the light side, uses the force-- but not a Jedi. Meaning She, Kanan, and Ezra could technically be alive during the OT but not mentioned by Yoda because they are technically not Jedi.

Anyway-- I think Filoni does great work-- but he is scared to let people die. Even Maul was back. I'd have much rather seen Vader and Maul face off, and save Ahsoka for another time when they were ready to end things.

I love Ahoska, and that face off with Vader was so powerful-- I almost feel like the fact she lived made it not as strong as it could have been. (Though to my eye it looked like she fell when she was walking into the temple).

I hate the cop out myself, if they are kept alive, I hope there is an explanation as to why they don't help ( in universe I mean).

• 1 month later...

Dave Filoni will be at Celebration London in July and will preview two episodes of Season 3. He tweeted this last night: https://mobile.twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/736385452920438792

People are speculating that's the spine of Heir to the Empire. Say it with me now:

Thrawn Thrawn Thrawn Thrawn Thrawn

It would go with Dave's comments about Season 3 being more military oriented and focusing more on the formation of the Rebellion. He also said something about doing something on the show people have been asking for, and Freddie Prinze Jr. has said in interviews they'd be using Legends characters. Of course, it could all be a master troll job.

But I really hope it's true, and not just because I want to see Driver's head explode.

Oh yeah, I started to read that but never finished it. Those source books have some beautiful artwork in them. I wish they could collect all of the paintings from all of the books, put them in chronological order, and release them in an art book. I would eat that up.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I don't think it is very clear that Ahsoka lived. We see a figure, but was it her living body?

• 1 month later...

Yaaaaay, exactly what I wanted to happen. *that was sarcasm* I love Ahsoka, but she's too close to Vader to survive the OT and not see her during the movie. As it is now, it's weird she's not in RotS (although I know the story as to why she wasn't).

The main Rebels panel is today. Still crossing my fingers for you know who.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.