Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

If "Fighter Flight" is what their bottle episodes are gonna be like, we've got nothing to worry about.

I watched "Rise of the Old Masters" last night and all I can say is more of that, please. Pitch perfect. Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor brings a lot of class to the role. (The spinning lightsaber is still really dumb.) And for all of you who worry that Star Wars won't go dark with Disney in charge, ha, you're wrong.

People, who apparently don't understand concepts like making money, were convinced that Star Wars was suddenly going to include dancing candelabras.

Dark is the Nolan Batman movies. Star Wars is "Ya know, we could use an extra lamp in here"

I don't care what anyone says, a dude burning to death on a lava beach is pretty freaking dark. :p And there were lots of Clone Wars episodes that were out there, like the zombie nightsisters. And you know, "I am your father" and all that. Sure it's not R-rated scarred-for-life stuff, but it's also not all happy stealing fruit fun times.

Dark is the Nolan Batman movies. Star Wars is "Ya know, we could use an extra lamp in here"

I don't care what anyone says, a dude burning to death on a lava beach is pretty freaking dark. :p And there were lots of Clone Wars episodes that were out there, like the zombie nightsisters. And you know, "I am your father" and all that. Sure it's not R-rated scarred-for-life stuff, but it's also not all happy stealing fruit fun times.

Well, I can't speak to the Clone Wars cartoon because I only saw a few, but it's a fair point about the lava fire. I think the point though is that if Disney wants to make these movies "darker" there's plenty of room for them to do so. In a way it would be like the Harry Potter series. The first book is all sunshine and puppy dogs and each book gets progressively darker until the last one you need a gallon of ice cream and a pack of Kleenex to get through it. It never got to Thomas Harris levels of darkness, though, so it's all a matter of degree.

I get what you're saying, and I agree. I never want Star Wars to be super dark. The OT had hilarious moments amidst blowing up planets. The PT, while I enjoyed it, was either too serious or two "funny." It didn't strike the right mix for me, not even with The Clone Wars.

Rebels feels pitch perfect, though. Even a silly episode like "Fighter Flight" has some harsh moments when Ezra realizes his family's friends are going to have their farm taken away. And then there's "Rise of the Old Masters," which...

Uses the mummified body of a Jedi Master to lure Kanan and the gang to their doom.

http://retrostarwars.com/image/59022032794

*sob!*

http://retrostarwars.com/image/59022032794

*sob!*

The Hurt Locker as remade by Build-A-Bear

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.