Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread

Mara Jade Skywalker

I wouldn't say "so much" of the EU was contradictory. If you're talking about the very early stuff, then sure, but all of that was taken care of once Lucas Film began watching over it like a hawk, with the Holocron Community at its forefront. Very little of it contradicted after that, until, of course, The Clone Wars came along.

I'm kind of curious where they take Ezra in the story. The manner he used to tap into his Force powers was a little... un-Jedi. Couple that with the same deal as Luke/Anakin being too old to train, and I think that you could do something that really rehashes everything they've already done.

That was a good article.

I disagree with one part, though: I'd totally watch a series/read a book about young Leia. Why we haven't already learned about her exploits in the Senate is beyond me.

cause the PT showed the senate was deadly boring.

If we're talking Space Aladdin I could totally see Leia pulling a Jasmine, pretending to be somebody she's not to see what common life is like. Maybe Boussh goes back a long way...

No man, a political thriller with Leia would be amazing. Especially when you throw in Bail Organa and Vader and all those implications.

I don't expect to see Leia in Rebels, though, unless she's just standing in the background. I'd love it, but I'm not holding my breath. I do expect to see Han, though, and just hope they stick with his Imperial Academy background because it's so good.

I like Rebels thus far-- for the same reasons I liked the TCW.

But yeah-- they should really pay off Ahsoka and Ventriss some day.

Also, Star Commuter? Even though the ship was a lot like the Star Tour shuttle AND they used the Rex pilot droid? Come on! It's Disney. All in the same family now-- why not call it Star Tours?

Other thoughts-- I'm almost certain the Kanan/Ezra relationship is Feloni's pre-PT head canon of how Obi-Wan and Anakin met.

Between this and E7 I sure hope McQuarrie, Johnston and some of the other original Star Wars concept artists are getting some kick-backs of some sort.

Liked the premiere a lot better than this last episode. Felt really rushed to me. I'd of liked a little more detail on the Zeb back story they tried putting in there but it was reduced to a sad face, a brief explanation to a child and some villain taunts.

I guess there is something to be said for trying to move the pace along quickly instead of the 3 or 4 episode arcs that the Clone Wars became known for. But it didn't work great for me this week.

See, I hated most of the Clone Wars arcs because they just got so long and boring. Most of the 4-episode arcs could've been told in two episodes or less. And none of the single episodes I really liked were expanded into arcs.

I liked what they did with Zeb, because it wasn't a huge info dump. It told you all you needed to know to get the plot, and made me want to find out more.

I watched "Fighter Flight" last night (thank you, Watch Disney XD app!).

I thought it would just be kind of a meh bottle episode, but I laughed really really hard. I love what they did with Ezra and Zeb's relationship, and Kanan and Hera are totally space married. Plus, I liked that Ezra is struggling with using the Force.

I'm really looking forward to Rise of the Old Masters. :D

The Sparks/Rebellion Whatever episode held my kids attention for 10 minutes. Not a good sign, they have good attention spans and enjoy both Disney stuff and Star Wars. I was listening to the episode while doing Mr. Mom stuff and I thought it sounded neat. We'll give this a couple more tries and see if it grows on us.

That was a good article.

I disagree with one part, though: I'd totally watch a series/read a book about young Leia. Why we haven't already learned about her exploits in the Senate is beyond me.

cause the PT showed the senate was deadly boring.

If we're talking Space Aladdin I could totally see Leia pulling a Jasmine, pretending to be somebody she's not to see what common life is like. Maybe Boussh goes back a long way...

Everyone likes Boussh. I'm in.

nooooo Leia got the Boussh identity after Empire but before Jedi thanks to a human replica droid who worked for an alien rape-y lizard Corleone don't you guys know your history

p.s. after seeing Threepio and R2 and Jimmy Smits and the Tantive IV I kinda wish this show was just Bail Organa and his wife Queen Breha in their ship with their droids rather than these guys with their ships and their droid

I always liked the circa '99 theory that his first name was Eisley --- and upon his ascension to chancellorship the town of Mos Espa would rename itself after him. I think it's based on an early draft of Star Wars where a character named Valorum has the first name Espaa (close enough!) but it never came to pass - I think this was even pre-TPM though maybe some people were still holding out hope for Episode II to prove them right.

I've heard lots of speculation, from Augustus/Augie to Cos, supposedly taken from early drafts. In Darth Plagueis Luceno used Cosigna as Palpatine's father's name, and it was strongly suggested that Palpatine had the same first name but didn't go by it because he hated his father.

It would've been nice to keep it that way. There was really no need to know Palpatine's name ever. I don't even like calling him Sidious. He's just Palpatine.

But, anyway. At least his name's not Kallus.

It would've been nice to keep it that way. There was really no need to know Palpatine's name ever. I don't even like calling him Sidious. He's just Palpatine.

It's nice to have mystery. But nothing is sacred with Disney except the dollar. I wouldn't be surprised if the next big thing is Yoda's origin.

Yeah Disney is no more about the all mighty dollar than Lucas. Like it or not, the EU was a way to keep the IP alive and revenue generating for decades when there were no movies-- unless you count the constant re-issuing of the OT. Lucas has always been about the money since he made his first deal with Kenner.

Disney has done nothing wrong if you ask me-- they're keeping the property alive and put movies in the hands of people who hold them more dear than Lucas did to make more of them.

The only thing they've done wrong by fandom is de-canonize the EU... which in a few years no one will care about save for a select few.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.