Offical STAR WARS VII Concept Art, well as close as we can get...

Doze

Guest El Chalupacabra

I never got far enough into KOTOR to get a lightsaber (it strangely never reeled me in), but this scheme makes sense if that's what Tank was talking about since KOTOR was built on D&D, from what I recall.

Yeah, KOTOR is basically (Deathstar) Dungeons & (Krayt) Dragons. Colors reflected the type of jedi the player's character played as. If I remember right, blue was for a guardian (Obi wan and Anakin style of Jedi focusing on lightsaber fighting), green was a consular (more like a Yoda style of jedi, focusing more on force powers), and yellow was a sentinel, a blending of the two. Red was there if you wanted to be a sith.

The second game introduced I think 6 more colors, and by SW:TOR it got all crazy.

I never got far enough into KOTOR to get a lightsaber (it strangely never reeled me in), but this scheme makes sense if that's what Tank was talking about since KOTOR was built on D&D, from what I recall.

Yeah, KOTOR is basically (Deathstar) Dungeons & (Krayt) Dragons. Colors reflected the type of jedi the player's character played as. If I remember right, blue was for a guardian (Obi wan and Anakin style of Jedi focusing on lightsaber fighting), green was a consular (more like a Yoda style of jedi, focusing more on force powers), and yellow was a sentinel, a blending of the two. Red was there if you wanted to be a sith.

The second game introduced I think 6 more colors, and by SW:TOR it got all crazy.

Even with that though, you were never married to a certain lightsaber color just because of your characters traits. You could choose any color you wanted based on your own preference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.