Offical STAR WARS VII Concept Art, well as close as we can get...

Doze

Does every lightsaber fight have to take place right outside of a ship/in a hangar? Almost every single one at least starts there.

NO IT DOES NOT.

There does however have to be a really big hole/drop.

Seriously--

TPM, the pointless shaft in a round room

AOTC, the hanger was on the side of a cliff

ROTS, FALL AND TOUCH LAVA

ANH, the large open shaft in the hanger on the DS

ESB, Cloud City's core

ROTJ, the inexplicable open shaft in the middle of the room

Guest El Chalupacabra

I wouldn't count on it-- there's concept art from all the movies with random lightsaber colors.

That said, MORE COLORS WOULD RULE

Here's a geeky follow up to that.... in TCW, they had a black lightsaber. That could be pretty cool to see in live action.

Whatever they do, it should be more than the standard Blue/Red/Green.

What about the first time we see the green saber? Sarlaac pit!

Orange for a lightsaber is too EU-y. It's fine if you like it, I don't. Don't feel the neo-punk look. I hated the cartoony neon green all around ROTS.

And how bout the stabby fight in an elevator? The series had a few elevators, put a fight in one.

My worst fear for the ST is a dark jedi punky female villainess with spiky hair and an orange or pink lightsaber. (I could already hear everyone on nightly: "GIRL FIGHT!")

Yeah, but as usual they over-did it. Instead of the color of the saber being based on personal preference or the type of crystal used in construction it was some heretofore ridiculous ranking system that sounded like Dungeons and Dragons classes.

No no no no no. You're thinking of the video games. While I enjoyed playing KOTOR I hated the classification thing.

In the books it was just based on your crystal. Leia has red at one point, Mara/Jaina had purple, Corran Horn has silver.

TPM, the pointless shaft in a round room

AOTC, the hanger was on the side of a cliff

ROTS, FALL AND TOUCH LAVA

ANH, the large open shaft in the hanger on the DS

ESB, Cloud City's core

ROTJ, the inexplicable open shaft in the middle of the room

The shaft wouldn't be pointless if the power plant was geothermal in nature. And the shaft in the DS hangar in ANH was a large lift for equipment and whatnot, wasn't it? Cloud City better have a lot of tubes connecting its core to the outside atmosphere, else it'd pop like a bubble whenever the pressure changed! And every Emperor of the Galaxy needs an open shaft in their throne room, to throw lackeys and failures down. It's likely the highlight of Palpy's day. Or was, at any rate....

Yeah, but as usual they over-did it. Instead of the color of the saber being based on personal preference or the type of crystal used in construction it was some heretofore ridiculous ranking system that sounded like Dungeons and Dragons classes.

No no no no no. You're thinking of the video games. While I enjoyed playing KOTOR I hated the classification thing.

I never got far enough into KOTOR to get a lightsaber (it strangely never reeled me in), but this scheme makes sense if that's what Tank was talking about since KOTOR was built on D&D, from what I recall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.