Homeland Season 4

Guest El Chalupacabra

Guest El Chalupacabra

Now here is a show that I am not sure why I haven't watched until recently. Initially, I thought it was going to be a rip off of the Manchurian Candidate, but I like its CIA-centric political plot lines. I just got caught up, watching seasons 1-3 over the last couple weeks. By far, season 1 is the strongest, and season 3 was the weakest (especially the Dana Brody story lines...she is definitely a throw back to Kim Bauer, except even more whiny and annoying), but the last 1/3 of season 3 was great. The only thing is they have pretty much written themselves into a corner by

killing off Brody,

IMHO. On one hand, his story came full circle, and not much else could have been said, but I am interested in seeing how they continue the story at this point.

Anyone have any speculations on season 4?

They wrote themselves into a corner with Brody, he and his family felt tacked on in season 3. I think they'll be fine without in S4 but they will need something to balance the crazy Carrie show.

Or maybe they won't-- it could be like Veronica Mars going to college or Archie Bunker Opening a bar and just become a shift in set up/format.

Well from what the producers said this was kind of what they planned for season 2. Carrie out in a foreign country doing her job. They just got such a strong performance from lewis that they kept him on a lot longer than they planned.

Season 1 is about perfect, season 2 is probably a little less tight and realistic but from an entertainment standpoint was still awesome. Season 3 took too long to get going, but wdas good once it did. They probably should have killed Brody at the end of season 2

Guest El Chalupacabra

They wrote themselves into a corner with Brody, he and his family felt tacked on in season 3. I think they'll be fine without in S4 but they will need something to balance the crazy Carrie show.

Or maybe they won't-- it could be like Veronica Mars going to college or Archie Bunker Opening a bar and just become a shift in set up/format.

Yeah they kind of actually HAVE to go in a different direction. I agree Crazy Carrie episodes get old. I think I heard the actor who plays her dad died, so I guess that means Body Jr is going to be in Turkey with Carrie?

Season 3 was so bad that I'm giving this season a single episode to blow me away or I'm out.

I can see how you feel that. I was really disappointed, but felt the last 4 or so episodes did redeem it.

Yep, series 1 was good stuff, but should have ended with the bomb going off. 2 was ok, but 3 really suffered with Brodie's story just dragging on.

Series 4 is free of all that, so fingers crossed we can get back to the good stuff again.

Interesting you say that because the Brody plot in Season 3 was the only thing keeping me interested. I wanted more Brody in Caracas, and less Dana on the run with her crazy boyfriend or bemoaning how her life sucks because Brody abandoned and went traitor, then she herself abandons her family.

I'm torn about the baby. I'm really not a fan of people abandoned their kids. Every no wand then I recall that Peggy on Mad Men ditched her kid-- though I suppose that's her only black mark. That said, I'm also not a fan of women being portrayed as having to want to be mothers.

Honestly, losing the baby would be the best choice for Carrie as a character.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, I am more interested in the CIA intrigue, than seeing how Carrie balances the baby with being a CIA supervisor. I hope they don't do something as cliche as having the baby kidnapped like Abel from SOA.

• 5 months later...

Didn't like season 4 as much as previous seasons.. I felt that Brodie was just a more compelling antagonist of sorts. Made you question the nature and definitions of terrorism and think about it a little differently... Season 4 went for the "this is the bad guy" simplistic vibe I thought. Still enjoyed it though. Didn't like when Carrie slept with that young guy either.. It cheapened her character somewhat. I mean with Brodie she was in love.. That was enough... They didn't need to write her as shagging that kid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.