Day in the Life of

Driver

Today Ethan had a doctor appointment because of a nagging cough. The appointment was at 12:15 PM with a 12:00 PM check-in time.

11:20 AM: Leave desk to catch shuttle to my car that is parked on the other side of the factory (about a 2-3 mile walk).

11:45 AM: Realize shuttle is not coming, turns out it's because the road is closed because the road is flooded. Walk to another shuttle stop, about a half-mile walk. Scream f-bomb.

11:56 AM: Catch alternate shuttle right as I am about to give up and cancel appointment. Call doctor's office to let them know I will be late.

12:05 PM: Get to car.

12:10 PM: Arrive at daycare, pick up kid, pack into car.

12:22 PM: Arrive at doctor's office.

12:30 PM: Go back to room so I can feed baby.

12:40 PM: Nurse finally walks in, tell me kid is already over the worst of it. The cough is from DEAD LINING IN HIS LUNGS SLOUGHING OFF. Babies are gross.

1:00 PM: Get to car, put kid back in.

1:10 PM: Drop kid off at daycare.

1:15 PM: Manage to find spot close to daycare, but shuttle has stopped running. Have to walk 1.5 miles to desk. In knee-high boots.

1:45 PM: Arrive back at desk.

2.5 hours for a 20 MINUTE APPOINTMENT because of the parking situation. Thank God I have some union-provided personal time. I'm using every minute of it.

I commute so early, I don't have to deal with real rush-hour traffic anymore, but when I do, I feel like I'm trapped in Hell. Like, even fantasizing about shooting people the heir heads doesn't bring relief because then they'd be in my way PERMANENTLY.

I get paid a lot of money to do this.

To do what? Commute early? Commute in real rush hour traffic? Get angry, what???

I commute so early, I don't have to deal with real rush-hour traffic anymore, but when I do, I feel like I'm trapped in Hell. Like, even fantasizing about shooting people the heir heads doesn't bring relief because then they'd be in my way PERMANENTLY.

I get paid a lot of money to do this.

To do what? Commute early? Commute in real rush hour traffic? Get angry, what???

I'm a transit driver. So it's rush hour traffic in a 40 foot bus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.