This woman got a third boob

Copper

Yeah. You read that right.

Jasmine Tridevil, a massage therapist in Tampa, Florida, claims that she had a third breast implanted to get famous, land a reality show, and become "unattractive to men" because she doesn't "want to date anymore."

I mean. I don't even know how to think about this.

That's not true.

I guess it just makes me sad. There is a bit of humor to the absurdity of it too. And also Total Recall.

Usually, when somebody says "You're gonna look back and regret that!" over a nose ring, tacky tattoo, micro/trans dermal implant, etc. I roll my eyes. I personally find those things unattractive 90% of the time, but I don't think it's my business to say anything, and people who do feel compelled to make comments are obnoxious and dumb.

But if somebody were to tell her "You're gonna lock back and regret that!" over the third boob, I would not roll my eyes.

Why would a medical professional do that to her? Where did they get the breast? Which one isn't hers? Do you know how much her bars are going to cost? Does he know there are plenty of easier, non-permanent things she could have done to get on the teevee?

ALSO, before I opened this, I thought it was going to be a cautionary tale warning me against another marriage.

I think the medical industry needs to re-examine itself, it's practitioners' adherence to medical ethics; considerations for medical necessity, mental and emotional stability, cosmetic ideals for human beauty, when are granting cosmetic surgeries enabling a disorder, thus potentially harming the patient?

In things like this I believe we are seeing the fruits of a society that doesn't say no.

I think the medical industry needs to re-examine itself, it's practitioners' adherence to medical ethics; considerations for medical necessity, mental and emotional stability, cosmetic ideals for human beauty, when are granting cosmetic surgeries enabling a disorder, thus potentially harming the patient?

In things like this I believe we are seeing the fruits of a society that doesn't say no.

I think I just saw the fruits of somebody who didn't read the article.

She did not have an easy time finding a doctor who would do this. Many said no because of "ethics," and the one who did had her sign a non-disclosure agreement.

:eek:

I think I just saw the fruits of somebody who didn't read the article.

She did not have an easy time finding a doctor who would do this. Many said no because of "ethics," and the one who did had her sign a non-disclosure agreement.

:eek:

I read it. Still an applicable thought. :-P

If she had decided to get a penis instead, would people be so harsh? What makes one body modification okay but a different one wrong? Does either cause harm to another person?

If she had decided to get a penis instead, would people be so harsh? What makes one body modification okay but a different one wrong? Does either cause harm to another person?

Depends. The reasons. Not unless she actually gets that reality show.

Personally, I feel that most body modifications are stupid. But when someone does it to correct a wrong (like a sex change, some nose jobs and boob jobs), I understand their logic, and it makes more sense to me. Someone getting a totally unnecessary body part because they want to be on a reality show?? Well, that puts them square in line with damn near everybody else on a reality show and open to ridicule.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.