Are any 2014 fall premieres you are looking forward to?

Ms. Spam

I can't quite put my finger on it, I think it's that they are squeezing in so much but sans Batman. If they just wanted to do a show about a cop named Gordon working against corruption with minor ties, I'd be all for it. But to touch on every bit of the Batman mythos, but have no Batman, and soon enough have a Batman from another continuity on the big screen just annoys me.

The oddity of the criminals in Gotham escalated in response to The Batman, but this series will be establishing Batman is instead the escalation of "law enforcement" because of the oddities. The rogues gallery are pieces of Bruce Wayne/Batman, each one a flawed mirror of him. It plays weird to have reflections existing without the source personality.

OP:

I'm looking forward to the return of Once Upon a Time, it's cheesy and often convoluted but it charms me.

Okay. I really liked Gotham. I am not as tied emotionally to the characters as many Batman fans are bit it was a solid try.

I don't care what they do with Batman, so long as I'm entertained. That said, I only saw the first 5-10 minutes and thought it looked pretty dumb. Will give it a full watch soon, but hopes are not high.

I would have answered "literally none of them" but a look at the Washington Post's list of new and returning fall tv shows reminds me of the Star Wars cartoon (all the other nerd fare has failed to gain more than a fleeting interest from me) and the new John Rogers show. Returning shows do a little better : Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Key & Peele, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Newsroom, Scandal.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have zero interest in Gotham.

Since I can't get any responses in my own thread about it, I might as well post it here... I totally want to see how Homeland plays out without Brody.

I am curious to see what will be done with American Horror Story. Sounds like its about carnival freaks.

Yes I am waiting for Walking Dead season 5.

I won't get to see it until its on DVD, but Boardwalk Empire. I hear this is the last season.

Okay. So this is my list of not gonna watch no more: </Scorpion> and I was really really looking forward to it. Possibly maybe NCIS: New Orleans. Still hanging in for Scott Bakula.

Stuff I'm trying but kind of meh to right now: Forever. Time travel/Highlander type stuff. It's okay. I guess it fills my Quincy quotient. Viola Davis' How to Get Away with Murder. Not what I was expecting but so far okay. Not a good vehicle for someone like Viola Davis. Gotham is okay as it got past its slow start. But it maybe my weakness for Terrier's star Donal Logue plus Bruno Heller's a developer writer and I love the Mentalist.

• 3 months later...

Scorpion is sh-t. "Oh, let's take The Big Bang Theory and dramatize it." :eek: Except, whatever you think of TBBT as a sitcom, at least they get the science right. Scorpion gets nothing right. Why is it getting a second season? Are they trying to pull the collective IQ of the American public down further?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.