Final Fantsy XV

TuskenRaider

Previously Versus XIII.... If you are a Final Fantasy fan at all, you know the long story behind this game. Announced in 2006(!!!), it looks like the release is finally in sight. Still no date, mind you... But a new trailer was released today at TGS showing new and current footage. And a demo of the game will be packed in with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (!!!) in March.

Still no real grasp on the plot or even who all the characters will but, but it looks stunning. My only gripe is that I would prefer that they stick with the turn based combat but alas..

It's a good start, at least. A lot of familiar hairstyles in there, even if they belong to new characters. And it looks like we're back to four members in a party again instead of three. Seems like that's been a while.

Kinda curious about the fight system, too. At surface level it doesn't look like they're using paradigms per se anymore. Hm.

It looks more like Kingdom Hearts to me, or even more of FF XIIs battle system. So maybe they will have sort of gambits you can set up for the other party members.

Love the music in the trailer as well. :thumbsup: Yoko Shimoura is doing the soundtrack on it and in the past she has done Super Mario RPG, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana and Kingdom Hearts.

Here is the previous trailer from E3 2013 if you missed it and want some more look at combat/story:

"It's been a long time coming..." No truer words spoken!

New trailer looks excellent - can't wait to get my hands on a new FF! Agree the music is nice as well. Secret of Mana was great fun to play - might have to dig my SNES out of the loft (attic I think some of you may prefer! ;-) ) back at my parents place. So many classics to revisit!

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.