i ****ing HATE PEOPLE

monkeygirl

Tell me about it. I'm on Norco right now because I can't get anything stronger, even though as soon as I see the surgeon I'll get something better and then when I have surgery I'll probably get REALLY good stuff.

I have never liked people. Never could figure them out. They're hard to interact with, it's hard to know what they really feel about you. I've spent most of my life trying to figure out how to get along with people, how to "read" them to know if they really are what they seem and if they really like me or not. I just don't get why humans behave the way they do, especially when they do things that hurt themselves and each other and never learn not to do those things because they just don't work. Sometimes, I feel as if I'm a member of a different species, watching all these humans in, like, a nature preserve or a zoo, trying to decipher their weird behavior. Working too many years in retail certainly hasn't helped.

Totally unpopular opinion and this will just sound like I am a dick... but...

I don't think anyone deserves to have anything terrible like this happen to them. Nor do I think anyone brings it upon themselves somehow. But I have known a handful of people in my life who are continuously taken advantage of. It happens to everyone a few times, but I when it happens to the same people over and over I start to wonder if they are doing something to attract such things.

I don't want to say if you don't want to get raped you shouldn't dress provocatively-- this isn't one of those bad behavior excuses.

Just saying that some people are a **** magnet seemingly and I am curious how much of it they could have actively avoided.

I dated this girl once who was a mess. Her excuse was that a year before I met her she lost all her things in a fire and had to start from zero. But a year before that, she was in a car accident with no insurance and that also knocked her back to zero. A year before that a fight with her then partner left her back at zero.

Acts of god, sure. She didn't will a house fire. But I kinda think that she failed at life in a way that she never got to 1 or 2 so when these things happened she wasn't knocked back to zero.

That make sense or am I an ***hole?

Makes total sense, and my experience has verified it time and time and time again.

Another unpopular opinion, but one I stand by: some people are just unlucky, even if it is in just a 'first world problems' kind of way.

I hate people who, after you add and delete multiple times from Facebook because you find them smart and funny until they point their snark at you and make you feel stupid and realize how much of an unreasonable asshole they can be, get tired of your flip flopping and hide your posts on nightly so can't even talk about fun stuff like TV shows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.