i ****ing HATE PEOPLE

monkeygirl

PEOPLE ****ing SUCK

People who know NOTHING about you or what you're going through ONLY WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU. Those people NEED to be beaten to death with large, blunt objects and have every bone in their bodies shattered while they are still alive and then be DRIVEN OVER BY BUSES LOADED WITH HAEVY THINGS.

am i rite?

people try and take your money by renting you a home that isn't theirs.

people BREAK INTO YOUR HOME and tkae thinsg that are not theirs and traumatize your cats.

people hit you and break your face when they SAID they loved you

people decide they don't really love you and then you have to change your life to get away from the not-love

TELL ME WHAT PEOPLE DO BAD TO YOU

Then we will CUT THEM. Cut them HARD AND DEEP and watch them bleed to death and laugh at them the whole time then b low my nose on their clothes and stomp on their bodies and POOP ON THEM GAWDUH

I JUST. HATE. PEOPLE. HATE SO ****ing HARD IT BREAKS MY HEAD TO HATE

Now this is my type of thread. I can sum up my disgust with the human race by song lyrics from "Somewhat Damaged" by NIN:

how could I ever think it's funny how everything

that you swore it wouldn't change, is different now, just like you

would always say, we'll make it through, then my head fell apart and where were you?

how could I ever think it's funny how everything you swore would

never change is different now, like you said, you and me make it

through-- didn't quite, fell apart, where the fuck were you?

The human race needs to die out quicker but because we have become a Nanny State certain imbecilic people have lived on to make me think of going Ted Kazinski like.

There are things people have done to kids I am legally obligated not to talk about.

There are people who lack basic reading AND comprehension skills that cause me daily conversations which are like a circle. WTF?

Asshats who litter.

I can't think of any others but I'm drunkish.

Totally unpopular opinion and this will just sound like I am a dick... but...

I don't think anyone deserves to have anything terrible like this happen to them. Nor do I think anyone brings it upon themselves somehow. But I have known a handful of people in my life who are continuously taken advantage of. It happens to everyone a few times, but I when it happens to the same people over and over I start to wonder if they are doing something to attract such things.

I don't want to say if you don't want to get raped you shouldn't dress provocatively-- this isn't one of those bad behavior excuses.

Just saying that some people are a shit magnet seemingly and I am curious how much of it they could have actively avoided.

I dated this girl once who was a mess. Her excuse was that a year before I met her she lost all her things in a fire and had to start from zero. But a year before that, she was in a car accident with no insurance and that also knocked her back to zero. A year before that a fight with her then partner left her back at zero.

Acts of god, sure. She didn't will a house fire. But I kinda think that she failed at life in a way that she never got to 1 or 2 so when these things happened she wasn't knocked back to zero.

That make sense or am I an asshole?

Guest El Chalupacabra

No I don't think your an ass for saying that, Driver. I also believe that there are just some people out there who are professional victims. Call it just bad luck, or the fact they constantly wear their hearts on their sleeves and get taken advantage of. It's probably a little of both. Conversely, there are people out there who are just predators who prey on people like that. When professional victim meets a predator of people, a professional victim will always end up getting f*cked over. It's sad, but sort of Darwinian.

Hey. I've had a bad week. While I would not act (too much) on an impulse to smack someone I think Tami's having the worst year of her life and is just venting. Her whole life is getting uprooted.

Also as a teacher I totally have issues with child abusers. I've seen some shit in my time.

I really hate people that say 'I knowwww, right?' and people that use the word 'actually' too much. 'You want this sofa?' 'I can ACTUALLY use this sofa. I ACTUALLY would love this sofa in my house!'

I used to hate people that said 'F**k my life!' or 'Awww, f**k me!' but I cant hate anymore because I noticed that I slowly started to say it myself. FML

That make sense or am I an ***hole?

Must they be mutually exclusive? :confused:

I am ACTUALLY (sorry, couldn't help myself) physically drained from how much hatred I have felt this year. This has been, without a doubt, the worst year of my life - and most of the bad things have been directly because of people. People that could have easily chose not to do the hurtful thing. People that even went out of their way to do the hurtful things. People that did hurtful things simply because they could, despite getting absolutely no benefit from it - other than the knowledge that they hurt me and my family.

Yes, Tami, I agree completely - people ****ing suck.

Not saying, not judging, ASKING. Trying to figure out why some people have a harder time than others. I know you've shared before that you struggle with change even when you know it would better your situation. Also, that you've settled for less than what you want/deserve before too.

Again, no one deserves to be hurt or **** upon. But if you walk through life saying everyone sucks and nothing good happens are you closing the door of possibility to the contrary by making assumptions?

Or maybe I'm just unbearable and annoying because this has been the BEST year of my life. I'm pretty sure in bad years I've hated everyone too.

For me, eliminating stuff in my life that was making **** hard was key. I was shocked how crap I was enduring by choice, or out of laziness to change it, or fear of what would happen if I did. "Being practical and responsible" (which I am) can also be an excuse or a crutch.

Not saying, not judging, ASKING. Trying to figure out why some people have a harder time than others. I know you've shared before that you struggle with change even when you know it would better your situation. Also, that you've settled for less than what you want/deserve before too.

Again, no one deserves to be hurt or **** upon. But if you walk through life saying everyone sucks and nothing good happens are you closing the door of possibility to the contrary by making assumptions?

Or maybe I'm just unbearable and annoying because this has been the BEST year of my life. I'm pretty sure in bad years I've hated everyone too.

For me, eliminating stuff in my life that was making **** hard. I was shocked how crap I was enduring by choice, or out of laziness to change it, or fear of what would happen if I did. "Being practical and responsible" (which I am) can also be an excuse or a rutch.

Well-part of it, I'm definitely exacerbating. Most people would get hit with something like this, realize scammers are out there and move on. My anxiety makes me ruminate on things more than mentally healthy people do. My therapist continues to teach me coping mechanisms and now I'm working on how to replace the negativity so I don't get stuck in it. The other therapist that moved on from this place framed it as "the feelings bus" and was teaching me to wave at it as it goes by rather than getting on it. It's a funny visual that totally works for me most times.

I DO subscribe to that concept of attraction and even if it's not accurate, there's much to be gained by brushing off the crap and focusing on the good. So, in a way-THANKS for getting me to re-direct even more on this. And let me ask you-does it seem I get more than my share of shit or is this all garden-variety stuff everyone deals with and I'm just making it worse for myself?

For the record, my response was not directed at MG at all.

And for the record, sometimes I feel like this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4YbO_1mvA

FUNNY-in both ways. "Funny" because I asked my therapist this week if I was simply wallowing in victim mode. She said no, but I am aware of that and am afraid of slipping into that pit.

And let me ask you-does it seem I get more than my share of **** or is this all garden-variety stuff everyone deals with and I'm just making it worse for myself?

Everyone has their hard-luck stories, but...well, it's hard to compare numbers without asking you to summarize how you've lived your life over the years and then allowing us to armchair-nitpick it all and speculate rudely about how much of your problems may or may not have been your fault. That sounds like a really ugly place to go.

Two answers from my comparatively cushy position:

1. I've lived much of my life on the goody-two-shoes side, and -- while I have my own tales of bankruptcy and divorce and growing up certifiably lower-class -- your stories tend to make mine look like petty, first-world inconveniences. It's been many years since my last verifiable calamity, so I tend to stay out of these kinds of discussions.

2. My ex-wife is a much worse hard-luck magnet than you are. Then again, a ludicrous number of her troubles have been her own fault. I could turn her mile-long list of sins and bad choices into a three-volume series if I were cruel or bitter enough.

I have no idea if any of that helps. Just tossing that out there as a starting point for anyone else who wants to jump in.

so can we at least all agree that we should hate people who deliberately litter with the heat of 1,000 suns?

That sounds harsh. I'd go maybe as high as 600 suns. But there should definitely be burning.

For me, eliminating stuff in my life that was making **** hard. I was shocked how crap I was enduring by choice, or out of laziness to change it, or fear of what would happen if I did. "Being practical and responsible" (which I am) can also be an excuse or a rutch.

Well-part of it, I'm definitely exacerbating. Most people would get hit with something like this, realize scammers are out there and move on. My anxiety makes me ruminate on things more than mentally healthy people do. My therapist continues to teach me coping mechanisms and now I'm working on how to replace the negativity so I don't get stuck in it. The other therapist that moved on from this place framed it as "the feelings bus" and was teaching me to wave at it as it goes by rather than getting on it. It's a funny visual that totally works for me most times.

I DO subscribe to that concept of attraction and even if it's not accurate, there's much to be gained by brushing off the crap and focusing on the good. So, in a way-THANKS for getting me to re-direct even more on this. And let me ask you-does it seem I get more than my share of **** or is this all garden-variety stuff everyone deals with and I'm just making it worse for myself?

I think you already answered your own question. You get your fair share as everyone does, but you just admitted to worsening it for yourself by obsessing. I saw you getting worked up over the scammer, which you had every right to be pissed and want to try and do something about it-- but you're under a timeline and pressure to move, that should be your priority. You were quick to make catching that guy the priority.

Again-- your instincts were right to want justice, but ultimately you let that justify avoiding the task at hand that was making you stressed and frustrated.

When I was in therapy I focused on the fact I very often got myself stuck in loops of over-thinking. It's something I'd done most of my life and I didn't realize how debilitating it was. It reached a head when I was getting divorced-- which even as a friendly amicable one left me with some ego and anxiety issues.

I spent a few years on a low dose of anti-anxiety meds that really helped me stop getting caught in those loops and be able to focus where I needed to be.

I poo-pooed therapy and crazy pills for most of my life, but in my case, they helped me, and I was able to quit both down the road and keep on. AND LOOK AT ME NOW TWITCH TWITCH

Speaking of scammers, someone called my mother's residence the other day and said that they were getting signals indicating that her computer was being invaded by malware. They tried to convince her to turn on her computer so that they could "diagnose" the problem and fix it for her. She managed to keep them on the phone, including escalating to a supposed supervisor, before politely explaining that she had never owned a computer.

Oh yeah, you guys reminded me also how much I hate people in mental health. All they do is shove pills down your throat and to hell with how you really feel. A person working in mental health could be having a bad morning, their coffee could be burnt, and they get in a bad mood and instead of looking at themselves they chalk up the stress to their patients being the ones that are f***ed up and needing more pills shoved down their throat. It's never the nurse that has something wrong with her. If the nurse's boyfriend broke up with her, if her f***ing elbow is itchy, it MUST MEAN that the poor patient needs MORE F***ING PILLS shoved down their f***ing throat!

Power-tripping health care workers. I had a bout with anxiety and thought it would be best to commit myself to a hospital to see if I could get help calming myself down. I thought I need a good break to refresh myself and get back to life. But the hospital turned out to be a total nightmare, something straight out of 'Cuckoo's Nest'. My anxiety became worse in the hospital than it ever was before I went in. I should've gone to a health spa again. By the time I figured out the hospital wasn't the right thing for me, they refused to let me go. There was no escape, I was imprisoned. I was amped up yelling at the L.A. Kings on the TV during the Stanley Cup finals and they said I was schizophrenic and hearing voices in my head.

Have you ever had to convince a doctor you aren't hearing voices in your head? Total nightmare.

You're getting interviewed, evaluated by a psychiatrist and they ask you how you're doing and you answer the best you can but GOD FORBID YOU HAVE A COUGH. 'You have a cough?' THE PATIENT GIVES UNCLEAR, SHIFTY ANSWERS. EXHIBITING SIGNS OF SCHIZOPHRENIA. We need to shove more f***ing pills down his f***ing throat!

The pills...fabricated with the purpose of removing all joy and will to live. They're supposed to 'sedate' or 'normalize' you, but I don't call severe heart pain, insomnia, shortness of breath, constipation, dizziness and massive head rushes and hot flashes being 'normalized.'

The only time in my life I honestly believed I was going to DIE was the month I was prescribed Respiridal. They wanted me to take it for a whole year but I refused to go on. My body felt like it was on fire. I thought I was going to have a heart attack or stroke. I was ready to die in the Klingon pose, clutching my chest with a claw in the air. It was horrible. The pills felt horrible and none of the doctors were listening to me. It was either pills or forced injection. An even bigger nightmare when you consider their salary is paid by the government.

I saw you getting worked up over the scammer, which you had every right to be pissed and want to try and do something about it-- but you're under a timeline and pressure to move, that should be your priority. You were quick to make catching that guy the priority.

Again-- your instincts were right to want justice, but ultimately you let that justify avoiding the task at hand that was making you stressed and frustrated.

Ooooh, this is good ****. You identified something inportant for me. THANK you, I appreciate the patience this took and stuff.

When I was in therapy I focused on the fact I very often got myself stuck in loops of over-thinking. It's something I'd done most of my life and I didn't realize how debilitating it was. It reached a head when I was getting divorced-- which even as a friendly amicable one left me with some ego and anxiety issues.

Right? I don't know how it can't. But yeah-I've gotten so comfortable with the looping I was looking at it as a personality trait.

I spent a few years on a low dose of anti-anxiety meds that really helped me stop getting caught in those loops and be able to focus where I needed to be.

I poo-pooed therapy and crazy pills for most of my life, but in my case, they helped me, and I was able to quit both down the road and keep on. AND LOOK AT ME NOW TWITCH TWITCH

My therapist wants me on meds-the psychiatrist who diagnosed me left the area (UNRELATED, I'M SURE) so I have a call into the new therapist saying HALP I NEED PYSCH WHERE DO I GO-so yeah. She seems to think getting on meds for me is "urgent and necessary".

I really appreciate this discussion, guys. I keep telling myself people deal with this kinda crap every day and wondering why it affects me so deeply. I've been doing the re-direction wrong and making things worse and I want to stop. GAWD, I WANT to control the things I CAN control.

Don't you settle for anything less than a benzo MG. These new-fangled doctors will invariably try to put you on some non-addictive garbage like an SSRI that treats depression, and possibly anxiety. You need a benzo-- something that is tranquilizing, addictive, and designed as an anxiolytic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.